Dandilion leaves

javsto

Ive seen posts and threads about using dandiliion leaves as a gutload or whatnot but what about the yellow part of the plant itself and what about the stalk? I would have to assume that not to use the white fluffy part right?

Ive seen posts and threads about using dandiliion leaves as a gutload or whatnot but what about the yellow part of the plant itself and what about the stalk? I would have to assume that not to use the white fluffy part right?

The best part is young small fresh leaves. The older the leaves, the greater the oxalic acid content. The white fluffy seed part isnt useful. Ive been unable to find nutritional analysis for the yellow flower, the roots or the flower stems. Personally, I'd stick with the young leaves.

I know my Veiled LOVES dandelion Leaves I get from the local organic store. In fact he prefers them now to crickets. make sure to dust them lightly for extra nutrition. He also likes Collard Greens. and make sure to wash any plant material really good, especially if picked from outside.

My beardies, veileds, and crickets will not touch the flowers. They tear up the young leaves and they have great nutritional value. This is why I include dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) in my DinoFuel products.

My beardies, veileds, and crickets will not touch the flowers. They tear up the young leaves and they have great nutritional value. This is why I include dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) in my DinoFuel products.

roaches will eat the flowers. But I dont know if it's useful in terms of gutloading.

i made a gutload mix recently and threw some in, not sure if it was because it was fresh mix but the crix went nuts over it!
maybe cuz the leaf i added

Back
Top Bottom