Daily handlers?

mychamybilo

So any of the people that handle their chams daily, do you take him out and handle him once a day or more than once a day?

I handle mine every single day. I move him from indoor cage to outdoor, to free range.. and vice versa. He doesn't seem to mind at all.

My chameleons all free range.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/some-free-ranges-66598/

I do handle them everyday. I sometimes just hold them. They enjoy sitting on my shoulder and ridding on my head. I often move them from tree to tree, take them outside and back in. They are all very friendly and I love and respect each one of them.

Nice FRs! My guys still living in the cage not sure if my parents would let me FR haha, I was wondering on the handling because he's been making good progress with becoming more chill and I don't want to reverse any progress because of over-handling...

I handle Link (the oldest an most famous chameleon) almost everyday. I'll open his cage hand feed him 3 to 5 adult Male Dubia Roaches, then he will climb onto my arm for a while. My Vieled doesn't like being handled at all (but loves being hand fed.

I know I sound like a broken record...but I handle ALL my chams ALL the time!!
Today Kruiser came with me while I walked to the corner store, Krash has done the same. Komet is still a bit young to be out in public, but I still have him with me everyday. Krunch does what he can, but I like to be careful with him, but again I get him out everyday to either outdoor sun cage, outdoor freerange or the indoor freerange. I cant imagine being in a cage all day, everyday without any change of scenery or a different excersise route!!

I handle Kukui pretty regularly. When we go to the vet, he rides on my head, which he loves - he gets his "calm colors" on my dome. lol.

How old would you recommend they be before handling everyday? My veiled is only about 8 weeks old or so. Can i handle him regularly without stressing him out too bad?

I like to get mine out everyday for a couple minutes, but Levi (male ambilobe) is kind of a spaz when I try to hold him. Caliope (female amb.) is the complete opposite. She loves to come out and just sits in my had and likes to move up to my shoulder!

Sebastian won't sit still if I DON'T handle him. He'll just keep walking towards me and just ignores the screen cage.

I've had my panther for 3 weeks now n I handle everyday. It's done real well to help establish myself as food providing n not a threat.

I think like any other creature if u expose it to one thing enuf it can be desensitized to handling and accpt it.

Free range also helps the process

Back
Top Bottom