Cyrus eye Biopsy Results!!!! :)

lele

Avid Member
Dr. Norris just called and Cyrus' eye problem is NOT a tumor, NOT cancerous and there was no bacteria in the specimen. His globe was ruptured and caused the pain and irritation, thus no amount of showers or misting were going to make a difference.

What we are both thinking is that it did indeed start out as a case of dry eye and with all his rubbing he ruptured it himself. Just now sure when since his eye looked normal when open for months.

If interested, the progression is in an album (with a few pics of his good eye) on my Flickr site (from healthy eye in Nov to goo to removal) here: Cyrus eye from Nov 2006-March 5th

So a word of caution to all of you in the dry climates - be careful what your cham is rubbing on!!

Thanks! I have already resigned myself to him having impaired vision and if he regains most or all, then all the better :E

It hurts me to look at pictures like that! My #1 fear in life is to have my eye gouged out. I can't keep my eyes open through Jackass 2 because of it. I'm glad that he has a chance to recover! Doesn't it inhibit his hunting though?

Glad to hear that he has no cancer or tumor, lele!

I had a panther chameleon who lost his eye to cancer. At first he couldn't hit anything...but with patience and help he soon was hunting on his own again...at over 80% accuracy!

Yea! I'm happy to hear that, Lele! Does the vet think his eye will heal somewhat? Will the scarring impair his vision, or does the vet offer an opinion on that?

Makes me think...sometimes I catch one of the brevs rubbing his eyes/head on branches after I mist them...

It hurts me to look at pictures like that! My #1 fear in life is to have my eye gouged out. I can't keep my eyes open through Jackass 2 because of it. I'm glad that he has a chance to recover! Doesn't it inhibit his hunting though?

I have never seen the Jackass shows (think the title says it all!:p ) and after hearing about eye gouging will be sure I never do!! :eek:

Yea! I'm happy to hear that, Lele! Does the vet think his eye will heal somewhat? Will the scarring impair his vision, or does the vet offer an opinion on that?

Makes me think...sometimes I catch one of the brevs rubbing his eyes/head on branches after I mist them...

Chams rub their eyes for cleaning all the time so I think this was just an unusual case. It is the first that I have read about it on the forums - but it probably happens in the wild more often.

As for vision we really don't know. I bring him in for a re-check in a couple weeks and he is getting anti-bio drops since the tissue is open to the germy world we live in (lol!). It is hard to know, he is slowly adjusting but has yet to eat :(

Back
Top Bottom