cuteness overload

lainezor

I never handle my little panther, Floyd because I don't like to piss him off. He's a grumpypants that one. Well he has parasites so I have to give him oral meds from the vet. Today I picked him up and he went all angry mode and turned dark green and black. I gave him the meds and he starting climbing up my hand. As he was climbing he turned a beautiful blue color and looked to be quite content. I was shocked at how calm he was and I have never seen such vivid colour from him before. He kept trying to climb up my chest and onto my face, lol. I have really long hair and I had a hell of a time getting him to let go of his super strong grip on it.:D I couldn't help but snatch a couple pictures of my bipolar chameleon. So cute with his little face looking up at me like, momma let me climb on your face. Made my day :)

5Lob5NI.jpg

ST3aBzZ.jpg

If you would free range I bet he would be more friendly. Chams tend to act out like that when they are unhappy in their space, they need freedom. I would suggest keeping his door open while you watch tv or play on your computer and wait for him to come out on his own and then pick him up, let him get used to this routine and he will start to associate freedom with you and be more wiling to come out. It's a bunch of hog wash with the whole "limit your handling" my boys are proof that it doesn't stress them. Both are handled daily and willingly come out of their enclosures and right over to me when I open the door.

I am moving into my own apartment September 1st and I will make him a really nice freerange :) I read all over the place that it was stressful and that it upset them so I avoided touching him. Its been a week of him being given meds and now hes starting to not be so hissy and bitey. I think hes getting used to me.:)

I am moving into my own apartment September 1st and I will make him a really nice freerange :) I read all over the place that it was stressful and that it upset them so I avoided touching him. Its been a week of him being given meds and now hes starting to not be so hissy and bitey. I think hes getting used to me.:)

It's also that he's trusting you. I've had to give my veiled shots and he trusts me enough to sit still and let me do. I'm sure they can sense that you mean well. The whole handling this is misconstrued, people shouldn't be petting and literally handling them. Letting them climb around and getting them from their enclosure is fine. You just have to make sure you aren't forcing them to come out of their enclosure. It surely takes some time but if you are consistent and paitent you shouldn't have issues in the future especially since its a panther.

I will build him the most epic free range ever :) I love the little guy. Can't wait for him to open up to me more. I have only had him for 3 weeks and one of the weeks was meds so I thought he hated me lol

Back
Top Bottom