cut not healing!!

zoedefelice

my cham has a cut on his chin that wont heal, i kept an eye on it but it just seems to be getting worse. he is about 9 months old and is a male panther chameleon. i have the proper lighting and i dust with calcium no d3 ever day and with d3 once every two weeks. i was told it could be a mite and the cut was from him scratching it, but i have never seen him doing that. could i put neosporin on it to keep it from getting infected? here is a picture, please help!
088.jpg

It is possible that he has rubbed it raw. The end of his nose looks like it maybe be rubbing on something also. I maybe wrong but just an observation. It looks like the end of his nose is brown from rubbing.

It is possible that he has rubbed it raw. The end of his nose looks like it maybe be rubbing on something also. I maybe wrong but just an observation. It looks like the end of his nose is brown from rubbing.

can i do anything to stop him? im starting to get worried because everytime it starts looking better it gets cut open again.

This sounds silly but I wonder if there's such thing as a chameleon cone like some dogs have so they don't scratch their faces... if there isn't I wonder if you could somehow fashion one.

Agree with carol... Looks like a rub injury.

Treatment: From the pictures i dont see any infection..it should heal on its own without any topical ointments. If you feel he does need some..I would personally dab a little polysporin on the wound.

You may need to buy a bigger cage 24x24x48 or buy more foliage to make this guy happy. Another option would be to free range or a 31"x31"x6' reptarium (which has a cloth screen).

I would defenatly recommend a vet visit as chams dont heal like we do, if your cham has an open wound it could easily become infected. depending on the nature of the wound a special kind of glue can be used well i know this is the case after sergury anyway. You cant go wrong with a bigger cage, better bigger than to small, good luck with everything, Faye:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom