Just purchased this cabinet from FB Marketplace for $50. Going to repurpose it for Leo’s new, permanent home. Here’s the plan:
- Take out the glass in the doors and replace with screen
- Remove the top and replace with screen — this is where the lights will sit
- Remove the back (it’s stapled to the frame) and build a faux rock wall complete with branches and pots for a few plants then reattach
- Seal the wood and the faux rock wall with Olympic Multi-surface Sealant
- Cut a hole for a drain and PVC pipe in the bottom of the cage — there will be a bucket below for drainage
- What kind of screen should I buy and how would you attach it?
- I’m looking to buy a MistKing. How and where would you set this up? I was thinking I’d put the reservoir and pump on the shelf below and then run a hose up to the top where the nozzle would be...but I’m still not well versed in how a MistKing functions.
- Would the Olympic Multi-surface Sealant be sufficient if I paint the faux rock wall with acrylic paint or will I need a different sealant?
204.4 KB Views: 17
221.6 KB Views: 13