Custom Handmade Chameleon Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenya

Avid Member
Hey guys, I thought that you might like to see something I made for a friend. She requested some earrings in the shape of chameleons and capybaras. I finished the capybaras last night and am about to finish the chameleon ones tonight. I still need to put a protective layer of sealant on these, but here they are up until this point.

Before shrinkage:

DSCN9234.jpg

DSCN9229.jpg

After shrinkage (the black lines look kind of odd since they are shiny but these look awesome in person):

DSCN9239.jpg

DSCN9242.jpg

DSCN9244.jpg

DSCN9245.jpg

Darjeeling modeled for these and I then used my Firewalker male half fired up as color reference.

If you are at all interested in these, I can do basically whatever you want with them. I can do different poses, species, your own cham's colors, whatever you want. They can be earrings, charms, several on a necklace, keychains....

Fees are on a sliding scale depending on how much work your specific design takes. I will keep them rather inexpensive because this is just a fun project for me. PM me if you are interested :)

Edit: Here they are finished.

DSCN9256.jpg

DSCN9251.jpg

DSCN9250.jpg

DSCN9249.jpg

DSCN9248.jpg

Last edited:
How long do you think a keychain would hold up? I would be afraid all the banging around of the keys would damage it. :confused: They are very cool! Would a keychain come with the hardware as well?

Those are really cool. I love drawing chams but I can never get the colours blended right. Did you use markers?
If you were in Canada I would totally get a necklace:)

Wish I wore ear baubbles :rolleyes: I would be interested in a key chain as well or a key chain baubble if it wasn't any bigger than those little credit card things you put on them.

WOW good job Kenya! It's so crazy how perfect the panther is! Most chameleon jewelry or magnets don't look like chams at all but those are impressive!

Please let me know how much it would be to get a charm done of sancho fired up. Thanks so much

These are pretty awesome. How very crafty of you.
Quick someone tell Ponders so she has something to match her chameleon sweatshirt.

Thanks! Please tell Ponders if you do think she would like them.

OK-I want some! :) How much?

And a necklace too!

I am thinking that my asking price will start at $5 per charm or $10 for a finished set of earrings.

How long do you think a keychain would hold up? I would be afraid all the banging around of the keys would damage it. :confused: They are very cool! Would a keychain come with the hardware as well?

I have had a similar charm on my big clanky keychain for the past 6 months. It has been rolling around in my handbag with pennies, bottlecaps and other various detritus and has held up well. That being said, I will try to make the keychains as sturdy as possible to maximize their life and durability. They will come with the keyring and some jump rings.

You are SOOO Talented!

:eek:

Thanks, I try :D

Those are really cool. I love drawing chams but I can never get the colours blended right. Did you use markers?
If you were in Canada I would totally get a necklace:)

I can send you a necklace or earrings if you want...we will just have to figure out currency conversion and the shipping will take a bit longer.

BTW, I did not use markers but may in the future ;)

Wish I wore ear baubbles :rolleyes: I would be interested in a key chain as well or a key chain baubble if it wasn't any bigger than those little credit card things you put on them.

I can make it is large or small as you want.

WOW good job Kenya! It's so crazy how perfect the panther is! Most chameleon jewelry or magnets don't look like chams at all but those are impressive!

Please let me know how much it would be to get a charm done of sancho fired up. Thanks so much

As stated above, $5 per charm. :D I can make these into magnets, as well. I can do pretty much any animal you want, in any pose and colors you want. Be detailed about it and I will sketch an idea and show you before we commit to making the actual charm.

Kenya- I do want a pair!

I would love to get a pair of panthers! Actually how about 2! One in blues and another in rainbow colors like you did. They are great. All I have are silver Parson earrings. Then I can wear yours to the SBCK meetings and everyone will want some!
My daughter would want a charm too.:)

I would love to get a pair of panthers! Actually how about 2! One in blues and another in rainbow colors like you did. They are great. All I have are silver Parson earrings. Then I can wear yours to the SBCK meetings and everyone will want some!
My daughter would want a charm too.:)

Ha, done! Pm me the bigger details such as what poses, what locales on each, and what sizes you would like :)

edit: and any reference photos you would like me to use (or your cham's colors, a certain pose, expression, etc)

Sounds great. I'll get some pictures together. Think I would like him hanging from a more coiled up tail with the legs near the body.
I am just working on a quilted trapunto (sort of stuffed) panther wall hanging and was drawing a panther outline today from a picture of Ryan Jarosek's Dr Gonzo. Crafty minds think alike! Thanks!

Sounds great. I'll get some pictures together. Think I would like him hanging from a more coiled up tail with the legs near the body.
I am just working on a quilted trapunto (sort of stuffed) panther wall hanging and was drawing a panther outline today from a picture of Ryan Jarosek's Dr Gonzo. Crafty minds think alike! Thanks!

Hey i am also a quilter, but I can't draw s**t. Care to share the panther pattern with me?

If I were to send you pictures of my dog do you think you might be able to try and make some earrings of him? You do have some skill more then I can do thats for darn sure :D

Hello

WOW those are so cool if I was a girl I would definantly get some,,,LOL.
I am brainstormin to think of what I can have you make,,,,,HMMMM,,any ideas?
again those are really cool:)

Kevin

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I am currently going through some major life changes right now and am sick on top of it, but I am working on the first orders that I got. Photos will be up soon.

Also, I could do other pets (like dogs) if wanted- I will need good reference photos of them, though.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I am currently going through some major life changes right now and am sick on top of it, but I am working on the first orders that I got. Photos will be up soon.

Also, I could do other pets (like dogs) if wanted- I will need good reference photos of them, though.

No problem girl take your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom