Curly Jungle Vines

suprdude

Avid Member
I'm thinking about using these twisted wood vines in my vivarium but I'm concerned my cham won't be able to navigate as easily as a round vine/branch. Thoughts?

curlyvine.jpg

Better than the fake plastic coated Vines for sure. A few zip ties will do you well especially if you happen to have dragon ledges. You can open up a lot of space and even mount some plants with the new real estate.

Chameleons get their yoga on and are great climbers the bends will probably allow vines from any plants you have to sit nicely as well. They don't climb linear they will take that curve in stride so as long as you have other avenues in your branch and plant network your gravy

I have used these mixed in with regular branches... My male veiled would not really travel on them he preferred the regular branches.
Also this are pretty expensive normally so hopefully you found a cheaper source...

Mine did not mold or anything but I removed them all after about 6 months when I found that he really just did not use them. Also poop would fall into the curls... not so fun to try to clean.

I think I'd seal them with polyurethane, like I do with dowels. That helps with cleaning as well as sealing against moisture/dry rot.

I believe I saw stuff like this available at online labelled monkey ladder on sale while shopping for stuff in my new build. I was searching for illana vines and it brought them up @Klyde O'Scope ill look for a link
There's a different type called monkey ladder. works silimarly but instead of curling it's more like...wavy? I use them in the frog enclosure but I prefer the look of the curly vines (liana vines). I got mine from neherp and black jungle terrarium supply.

There's a different type called monkey ladder. works silimarly but instead of curling it's more like...wavy? I use them in the frog enclosure but I prefer the look of the curly vines (liana vines). I got mine from neherp and black jungle terrarium supply.
That's where I got mine from NEHERP. The shipping to California was just about as much as the vines, but I have to admit they do look good. I have been seeing the Galapagos brand come up more and more. They look very similar online. Not sure about the quality in person.

That's where I got mine from NEHERP. The shipping to California was just about as much as the vines, but I have to admit they do look good. I have been seeing the Galapagos brand come up more and more. They look very similar online. Not sure about the quality in person.
I just ordered a bunch of items from them, live mosses and such. Was tempted to get more but I have an overstock of items from a project I'm working on. After this build I'll be using most those materials to do an overhaul on the old enclosure.... extra plants that I've cleaned as well as branches to go into the existing set up. Now to use it for a Summer home on top of a planter box or for asecond chameleon is the question ⁉️

Back
Top Bottom