Curious about mistking's v4.0 starter

Boollah

Probably a dumb question but does this come with a reservoir and how big is it? I was reading the description and looking at the pictures and I wasn't sure if that cylinder is actually the reservoir or just a pump. Also would this be enough for a single Veiled enclosure?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-182226_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210403-182226_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 52
I don't have one but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with one, most people I see use a bucket from Lowe's or something. That cylinder thing is the pump, the reservoir has to be pretty big.

Last edited:
Any food safe tub can be used, i use a 5 litre Tupperware box & drilled i think conversion to imperial is 9/16 drill bit spade type

No reservoir. The cylinder is the pump
+1.

Rectangular reservoirs seem to work better than round—only because it's easier to get a tighter seal around the bulkhead. This is not a problem for everyone. Whatever you choose should also have a lid to keep out debris/foreign material.

I used a rectangular reservoir and tilted it at a slight angle to make better use of the water—not as much unavailable due to being below the bulkhead.

1617542879964.png

What settings do y'all use on the timer?
The standard is @3min morning before heat turns on and @3min in evening after heat but while chameleon is still active. So you only need 2 settings. You can play around and adjust to your balance.

What settings do y'all use on the timer?
That depends on your ambient humidity, and what humidity you're trying to achieve.
I live in the NE US, and have a panther, but they're somewhat similar in care to veileds.

First, I ran the mister manually to see how long it took to give everything a good wetting down without running down the drain. In my case, that was 2 min. so I use that for all misting sessions.

Then I set the timer for 6am (light on), noon, 6 pm (lights off), 9pm, midnight, 3am.
So every 3 hrs. at night because humidity should be higher at night, and longer intervals weren't doing it. The noon misting ensures he always has some drinking water available.

Your schedule may vary.

Back
Top Bottom