cup feeding vs free range

Johnny909

Hey guys and girls,

I have managed to get "biff" my 4 month old panther to eat from a cup cause i go to work all day and could not see how many he ate when they where free roaming, but i have been reading that cup feeding can cause tongue issues, like less elastic and such... Are chameleon good hunters? I have a pretty large cage (see previous posts) will he track em down even if they hide in the bushes or will he just starve himself. I want him to be has active has possibble but fear he wont eat to his hunger, hes taking in about 12 crickets a day in his bowl right now...

John

Solution? Use a tub. I use a shoe box sized plastic storage tub. Place under favorite spot or basking area (not where it poops!) and put bug in. It allows the animal enough room to hunt, but the insects are contained.

Solution? Use a tub. I use a shoe box sized plastic storage tub. Place under favorite spot or basking area (not where it poops!) and put bug in. It allows the animal enough room to hunt, but the insects are contained.

I agree i just got the same advice and it works great... my veiled is eating around 12 also so try it out i think as long as he is eating he will live so eat on lil guy

I did the same and used a larger tub and now my cham eats like a pig. I have noticed though that he has got a bit less tolerant to me now he gets most of his food from his tub so im going to start hand feeding him more.

Back
Top Bottom