Critique my supplement schedule

Bradkc

Ok so here goes. I've got a 5 and a half month old Ambilobe. He's under a 5.0 Reptisun UVB bulb and in a screen enclosure. Pretty much no natural sunlight. He's eating about 12-15 crickets a day, so I would be dusting about 5 crickets. Crickets are being gutloading with a dry gutload along with carrots, apples and romain lettuce. As far as the supplements go this is what I've come up with, tell me what you guys think:

MTh-Herptivite
TF-Calcium (w/o d3)
WS-Minerall (no d3)
Sunday-None
1x month Reptivite (w/ d3)
1x month Repcal (w/d3)

Thanks for everything so far,
Brad

Brad,
Looks good, your discipline is much better than mine! Since you have done such a good job on supplements, perhaps add Retaid to your supplementation as a preventative measure. You can read about it @ Chameleons Northwest.
BTW, when I read MTH, I was wondering why you gave the Meth!:eek:

I'm sure some people will jump me on this.
But, I've been using this schedule without any problem.
The secret is in the amount of dusting.
I put very little. The dusting does not cause the cricke to change color into white ghosts.

Since your chameleon will never see natural sunlight the majority of his life,
I thought he can use more D3.
Here is what I recommend:

MTh-Herptivite
TF-RepCal (D3)
WS-Minerall (no d3)
Sunday-None

1x month Retinyl Palmitate or Reptivite (instead of doing it on sunday once a month, I suggest do it on Tuesday or Friday -substituting Repcal).
Or, If you are very confident in your gutload regiment, you might not need preformed vit A at all.

Good luck.

Brad,
Looks good, your discipline is much better than mine! Since you have done such a good job on supplements, perhaps add Retaid to your supplementation as a preventative measure. You can read about it @ Chameleons Northwest.
BTW, when I read MTH, I was wondering why you gave the Meth!:eek:

Why not??? Lots of us buy crickey crack from steve sims for gut loading our crickets, hehehe

Back
Top Bottom