Critique Me Please!!

Courtney

:cool: I am now maintaining a low 70f at night and a low 80f during the day. would go a little warmer but the temp in my house can sky rocket at any time. I hate my ac lol. any way whe i woke up to put the new plant in and clean out the cage, my beautiful girl was siting there looking blue. it wasnt the light. i thought it was at first. any way enjoy...i know they do. let me know if you can find them in both pics. i knew where they where when i took them but now i can only find the male in one pic.

Attachments

• 102_1073.jpg
    102_1073.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 102_1072.jpg
    102_1072.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 102_1071.jpg
    102_1071.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 102_1050.jpg
    102_1050.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 227
YAY!!!! I really value your opinion. I am learning that these two are far different than my beloved otis. Im beginning to wonder if he knew he was a cham....or maybe he was just special. Either way i love these babies!!!!

zoo med daylight blu reptibuld 60 watt.....why? i tried the 40watt household got too hot....the temp in my room changes frequently...i mean it can get hot in a moments notice...so i dont want to keep them too warm esp if im not home and cant mist them or turn off the heat, also if i lower the lamp it gets really hot in the whole cage didnt think that was good

Was just wondering why the bulb was blue, wouldn't know if it was bad or not myself though.

Hi Courtney. A blue veil? Thats awesome and she is stunning might I add. I think your enclosures looks beautiful. Did you punch a hole in your screen to get your little dripper in? Just asking cuz I am debating how to do this w/out destroying the screen of it. I've tried several ways and didn't work. I may just have to do that but just wondering if that is what you did.

Hi Courtney. A blue veil? Thats awesome and she is stunning might I add. I think your enclosures looks beautiful. Did you punch a hole in your screen to get your little dripper in? Just asking cuz I am debating how to do this w/out destroying the screen of it. I've tried several ways and didn't work. I may just have to do that but just wondering if that is what you did.

i did. i used a pair od reg. scissors thick it through twisted to get to the right size. that wasnt the hard part. the hard part was making sure that was where i wanted it so i didnt end up with a bunch of holes!!!! good luck. that was the only thing i loved about the glass exoterra terrariums..they had slots for cords drip tubes etc..but it was a pain to clean. aalso not a good choice unless itsa fully living vivarium..

Do you use one of these blubs?
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...lbs-ceramic-bulbs/-/zoo-med-40-watt-day-bulb/

I used to have one of these bulbs for added light, and it made my cham look blue just like that.

Nice fully umbrella plat you have. All the ones in stores near me are wee little.
Looks good.

got my plant at walmart for $10 yes thats the light but thats not the cause of her color. she did that the first time i turned on the tube uvb. i havent seen her look like that since. not even when shes directly under it thats how i know it wasnt the light. she just got excited for the good uvb i think:D

YaYYYYYYYY

SATIVEA GOT HER VERY OWN SETUP COMPLETED TODAY!!!!! IM SORRY FOR YELLING IM JUST REALLY HAPPY FOR HER.. any way i will post pics soon. unfortunately at the moment i am shareing th 18" uvb across the 2. for thoes of you who commented on my bushy plant in my orignal..i hate it its so hard to clean they poop all in it. i have a little one in the new set up. im also able to put fake vines in with her as she is smart enough to not chew on them. i will post pics after she gets settled:D:D:D:D:D

got my plant at walmart for $10 yes thats the light but thats not the cause of her color. she did that the first time i turned on the tube uvb. i havent seen her look like that since. not even when shes directly under it thats how i know it wasnt the light. she just got excited for the good uvb i think:D

You haven't seen her turn blue after that picture? That is very odd. It is good to hear that she has her own cage now. Im sure she will be way happier being away from the male all the time.

Back
Top Bottom