crickets

BLACKSTAR

i have a 4 month old male panther, he is getting big rather fast, i still think large crickets are too big, but med, seem small. what do you guys think?

I fed mine 1/4 inch crickets at that age but that is just me. I would feed them off before they got too big.

I bought Diego, at 4 month old, 3/8" inch (small) but they got big faster then I wanted & should have ordered 1/4" for such a large order of crickets (ordered 500). Needless to say I did a cricket release back in the wild.. for many lucky crickets :). I think no bigger then 1/2" for that age. The grow semi fast so I like to get smalls. I've heard 1/2" for adults chams are good as well even though bigger ones can be giving to adults. I believe they say no bigger the 3/4 the size the chams head is wide but you could research that to be sure. I usually keep that in mind & won't give anything bigger. IMO. Good luck w/ your cham & congrats!

Some people say feed them the size feeder that is the space between their eyes no bigger how accurate that is I don't know but might help.

I say, many mediums are better than one thats too big.

Plus the medium ones will train him to hunt for his food.

Have you tried other feeders as well? Hornworms are fantastic, our chams go insane for them! The only thing is they do grow very fast, so if you order them, start out with just a few small ones then go from there. Butterworms are also great to use and need no care at all, just stick them in the fridge between feedings.

How big would you say your cham is from nose to vent (butt)?

Back
Top Bottom