Crickets that don't smell

I've never ordered from rainbow, but I think next time I order(which I very rarely do since I have a shed full of feeders lol) I'll try rainbow.

This isn't a shot at Josh's frogs or anywhere else, but they also sell bandeds, and they are definitely better than regulars, but I have noticed the ghanns crickets are even less smelly and live longer than the others. I'm not sure if something they're doing is making the crickets healthier, that other places aren't aware of or what, but I haven't been able to match them in quality from anywhere else. Makes me sleep well knowing my animals will likely not get parasites from them too since i don't think they deal with any reptiles in their facilities(which is always a risk, even small, with places that do).

That all said, ghanns are more expensive, and for my 1 chameleon on special occasions. I'd still happily buy crickets from rainbow, Josh's frogs, etc. They're still at a much higher quality than the others and you shouldn't have problems with die off or smell. I think if I had a large collection that needed regular cricket feedings, I'd spend the little extra on ghanns for the quality though.

I just got 500 today, none dead. They always package everything really well. I also ordered one of their feeder lizards too, another green anole because I love my other one so much, as a pet. But they sent two house geckos instead by accident. This is the first error I've had from them! Now I have two pet house geckos to figure out I guess, whoops. They are super cute and they lick their eye balls. I have zero knowledge about geckos, will learn fast.

I just got 500 today, none dead. They always package everything really well. I also ordered one of their feeder lizards too, another green anole because I love my other one so much, as a pet. But they sent two house geckos instead by accident. This is the first error I've had from them! Now I have two pet house geckos to figure out I guess, whoops. They are super cute and they lick their eye balls. I have zero knowledge about geckos, will learn fast.
Geckos are sooooo easy

Recently found a local breeder who sells banded and I won't go back to the regulars I was purchasing. Big difference in die off and smell. I think they are easier to catch also.
Really? I find the banded to be faster, more agile, and have much higher ups than normies. At least in my experience. I've also found feeding bee pollen keeps them hyper lol

I just ordered 1000 from rainbow. Wasn't that much more compared to regular crickets.

If this fails, I'm dont with crickets.

I also tried sprinkling vermiculite on the bottom of the container but didnt seem to help
Got my 1000 from rainbow, and I think there was literally 1 dead.

They are all still alive.

Never going back to regular crickets , thanks for the advice.

Anyone tey gutloading with Roach chowmt dubia love the below chow, and was wondering it anyone used it for cricket gutload

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122929281774

Back
Top Bottom