Crickets size

PedroANDAshley

So whats the recommended cricket size for a panther chameleon around 1 month old?

I order some 1/8" from a site and they came in and they were REALLY REALLY small. It didnt look like the picture on the page at all.

They looked like pin heads almost

Now I dont know if it was the supplier or the image online was off but Im going to order from LLL reptile this time.

What size from them should I get? Are their pictures of crickets accurate or????

I get all my crickets from LLL, they INCLUDE the price of overnight shipping in the final price, crickets usually come before 10:30 AM the next day and generally it's cheaper for me to get mine from them.

As for accuracy, its pretty hard for a cricket farmer to get the EXACT size of what you want, unless they hand pick em. You'll get some alittle bigger or alittle smaller. But what I would recommend is ordering alittle smaller then what you need. Im no pro but I would think that crickets grow faster than chams, so order TOO big and you could have crickets too big for your cham to eat. On the other hand, order small (not too small) and you could feed them and also in a weeks time the cricket would have grown to appropriate size (assuming they live as long).

I can't say this works for everyone because between my brother and I we order more than 1k crickets at a time. I order them at about .5 inches and they grow very fast, when they arrive I just throw in a few extra crickets to my usual feeding size.

I would say the smaller the better for the next few weeks. Small and often is best to be sure he/she does not choke on any :)

So when LLLreptile ships out its crickets do they come in a cardboard box or in a plastic container cuz I need to know if I need a need cricket keeper :p

So when LLLreptile ships out its crickets do they come in a cardboard box or in a plastic container cuz I need to know if I need a need cricket keeper :p

Your gonna need a plastic bin to keep ordered crickets in. I will most likely be shipped in a cardboard box. I would mix the panthers diet up with Hydei fruit flies too.

Are those the kind you get from petco?
I bought some and their so so annoying they climb out of the bin and they can climb on electrical tape D:
Any suggestions on how to make them stop?

Cuz Im looking for excuses not to use them cuz theyre nasty :p

I work in produce I see them all day and they gross me out

Anything for the babies I guess :rolleyes:

I heard they're quite good savory roasted.

Oh, Where do you work? because I never want to ever buy produce there kthx

Well its soft fruit season LOL
aka fruit fly season.

I work at safe way (for one more day and im FREE :D put my two weeks in )

anyways people throw peaches,nectarines,plums, ect ect in our trash in the back room and its like fruit fly heaven.
We have a huge sign DONT THROW AWAY PERISHABLES PLEASE
and no one listens

so its just me the fruit flies and the rotten fruit in the trash all day :(

Oh and dont shop at safe way anyways, its expensive.

Are those the kind you get from petco?
I bought some and their so so annoying they climb out of the bin and they can climb on electrical tape D:
Any suggestions on how to make them stop?

Dust them up before placing with babies. Also put a slice of banana in with to help keep them around.

Back
Top Bottom