Crickets -- Keeping them alive...

bugman

Hi all, not sure if you all have this problem but I go to these reptile shows and buy my crickets by the 1000 and most die in the first week so I did a little research on how to keep them alive and found this blog...

http://www.veiled-chameleon.com/webl...es/000258.html

Not sure if it will work but built a cage last night. Here are some pictures.

Materials used
4926649800_c2d5973628.jpg

Container Looks Like this when finished
4926649856_a38425476b.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good let me know what you all think

I purchased it all at Home Depot and here is what it cost

One Container $4.98
One Tube of Adhesive $3.50
One Screen the kind for insects (Metal) $6.98
Scissors - had already
Utility Knife - Had already

Total cost about $15.50

If anyone else has built their own cricket cage please share with us here. Also any tips on how to keep them alive would be great! I am putting inot practice this persons perspective but am open to all so please share your success stories.

I did the same, however I went to Ikea and got a container about the same size for a dollar. Used left over mesh from my cage build and cut the top and added the mesh so the lid is pretty much mesh.

cost me in total... 1.45.

ooops. seems I didnt look at the perspective. My container is much smaller, however I'm only purchasing 50 at a time. Same concept however!

I did the same, however I went to Ikea and got a container about the same size for a dollar. Used left over mesh from my cage build and cut the top and added the mesh so the lid is pretty much mesh.

cost me in total... 1.45.

ooops. seems I didnt look at the perspective. My container is much smaller, however I'm only purchasing 50 at a time. Same concept however!

I am purchasing them by the K

thanks for posting this ...i love this idea...speaking that i have 4 chameleons and 6 adult bearded dragons and 65 baby beardeds and 31 in the incubator....i need a couple of these for large and small

thanks for posting this ...i love this idea...speaking that i have 4 chameleons and 6 adult bearded dragons and 65 baby beardeds and 31 in the incubator....i need a couple of these for large and small

That is a great idea I think I will do the same having two would be great. Where do you buy your crickets? I get mmine at the local Reptile show but that is only twice a month I wish it were every weekend!

Back
Top Bottom