Crickets hurt eyes?

brighteyez

Someone at the pet shop told me the other day that if you put too many crickets in their cage, the crickets can attack you cham.'s eyes. Is that true??:eek:

Someone at the pet shop told me the other day that if you put too many crickets in their cage, the crickets can attack you cham.'s eyes. Is that true??:eek:

from what i know, the crickets aim more the spine because the cham really has no way of getting it off there. the tail is also another place they go for, especially when it's night and the cham is asleep

Would the crickets go for food you left out for them like carrots or cricket crack or would they go for 'fresh' prey?

Would the crickets go for food you left out for them like carrots or cricket crack or would they go for 'fresh' prey?

na. crickets typically leave the chams alone as long as you don't put in too many at a time. its good to leave food in there though if you're putting in a little more than usual. just try not to leave crickets in the cage during the night

how many crickets is too many crickets?? I can't seem to get my little guy to eat, there are always some in there. Does that mean that I should take out all the ones he hasn't touch before going to bed?

how many crickets is too many crickets?? I can't seem to get my little guy to eat, there are always some in there. Does that mean that I should take out all the ones he hasn't touch before going to bed?

I would advise you to not leave any crickets in there at night. Try to cup feeding it works.

Yes They can and Do. Free-ranging food insects is very convenient provided your watchful of numbers and intake and provide your cham with natural hunting behaviour,
HOWEVER....Its very important to ensure that the insects can gather, feed and hide in a central place, to be easily accessable to the lizard and prevent sleeping lizards getting chewed.

Always provide ample fresh food for your feeder insects daily and keep minimum numbers in the cage at any given time. :)

note: Dusted suppliments will not stay on the insects very long, for this reason I dust other insects which are cup fed, so the cham will eat them immediately.

:eek:
Wow, I have so much to learn......The other day there was a cricket siting on my cham's head, and I thought it was cute......(beats head against wall!). I hope that he didn't hurt my cham. I will be much more vigilant from now on!!!! Thanks for info, very good to know.

LOl, it is kind of cute, but not while its asleep. Follow the guidelines above and dont stress much, chams encounter insects in the wild, even while sleeping. Ive seen mine use a hind foot to knock one off his casque! :)

I have had a bad case of cricket munching on my newest Melleri. Little chris had to have part of his tail removed because it wasn't getting any better. :(

IMG_9748.jpg

The good news is that he is finally gaining weight. He should catch up to his hatch mate, Pat.

i cup feed, and dont have issues, but something i have derived from lazyness is that when my cham sheds all the dead skin everywhere is a huge paint to clean up so i normally dump about 10 crickets in the cage to "clean up" the cage, and if i take the other cups out he normally has them all gone by night time =)

Back
Top Bottom