crickets are really loud at night:/

I am not sure... maybe put them outside if its warm enough?

and yes - take out the crickets she/he doesnt eat.

Its late at night i don't want to wake other sleepers.
is there a good feeder to replace crickets?

Dubia Roaches. About to make the switch myself. Cleaner, quieter, less chance for escape, less smelly, the list goes on. There is the fact that they are, you know, roaches. Gross.

i just switched over to dubias not even a week ago and my cham loves it. i would have to say they are way better then crickets so i would make the switch if i was you.

Its only the males that make the noise...the females (the ones with the three "antenae" on the bums) are quiet.

My 5 month old veiled chameleon doesn't eat his cricket and they chirp at night any suggestions.

Is a 5 month old veiled big enough to be eating full grown crickets? I pretty sure that they only chirp when full grown but i could be wrong.

Is a 5 month old veiled big enough to be eating full grown crickets? I pretty sure that they only chirp when full grown but i could be wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. My Cham is 5 month and just switched to 1/2" 2 weeks ago. Regardless, his crix don't chirp yet.
To the OP, I would suggest switching to smaller crix for now for the chirping solution, as well as being better for your Cham at his age and size.

Its only the males that make the noise...the females (the ones with the three "antenae" on the bums) are quiet.

Haha..for once its not the chicks running their mouths! :)

I agree. Switch to Dubias.. However, I would cup feed them if possible. I let 1-2 free roam my cage and then I have nightmares that they found a way out and are coming to get me.. (shudder).....

I feed my chams medium crickets. They are fairly large, they just lack the wing, or whatever makes them chirp. I also heard that the medium crickets are healthier, because their is more meat (using a body weight ratio) and it's exoskeleton isn't as hard, so it is easier to digest. But really I only feed mediums because I hate the chirping, even though some find it calming.

My 5 month old veiled chameleon doesn't eat his cricket and they chirp at night any suggestions.

My crickets chirp lots, i dont mind it..... plus the smell im use to, plus the worm smell, although they dont stink as much when there cleaned good :D My family calls my room th:D rainforest. Haha... Id get dubias, but my mom does not want them, incase of an escapee, :p

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, and welcome to the forums.

-Levi

My crickets chirp lots, i dont mind it..... plus the smell im use to, plus the worm smell, although they dont stink as much when there cleaned good :D My family calls my room th:D rainforest. Haha... Id get dubias, but my mom does not want them, incase of an escapee, :p

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, and welcome to the forums.

-Levi

Lol same here:cool:

Don't leave feeders in the cage with your cham cause they will bite them. And if you want no noise and no stink feeders go with Dubias

If you continue with crickets (even if only now and then) and dont have a great number of them, you can stop the noise by cutting the wings off the male crickets.

If you continue with crickets (even if only now and then) and dont have a great number of them, you can stop the noise by cutting the wings off the male crickets.

Don't know how you people do it! I would end up smashing them while cutting of the wings :( I guess I'm too rough.

Back
Top Bottom