cricket dispenser ?

hey there everyone! i was wondering if there was any such thing as like a cricket dispenser that can automatically put crickets into your chameleon's cage without having to touch the crickets? reason being is in case i go on vacation and my grandmother has to feed my cham,(she HATES bugs) and if there was any way for her to not have to deal with them. thanks in advance!

I never heard of it but I don't think it's to difficult to diy your own if you really wanted it...
Controlling the dosage would be the difficulty so maybe it's best if you make it manually operatable so your grandma could control the dosage....
Then you would just need to device a slide door to a critter keeper and connect that to the enclosure somehow...

If you're on holiday for just a week i would just feed him a bit more before you leave amd leave some food in the cage and then forget about food during your holiday.

I never heard of it but I don't think it's to difficult to diy your own if you really wanted it...
Controlling the dosage would be the difficulty so maybe it's best if you make it manually operatable so your grandma could control the dosage....
Then you would just need to device a slide door to a critter keeper and connect that to the enclosure somehow...

If you're on holiday for just a week i would just feed him a bit more before you leave amd leave some food in the cage and then forget about food during your holiday.
yeah that's what i was thinking. thanks for your imput!

Not gonna lie when I read the title of this thread I thought of a pez dispenser type of device that the chameleon could pull a lever and get a cricket lol.

What I did for my girlfriend (who hates bugs) is took a toilet paper roll tube and covered one end with plastic and secured it with a rubber band. leave the tube in the cricket container for a little while and the cricket will go into the tube since its dark. remove the tube slowly and brush any off the outside of the tube and shake the crickets out of the tube into a feeding cup or into the enclosure. Tap it a few times if you need a certain amount of crickets since alot of them will get up in there.

Not gonna lie when I read the title of this thread I thought of a pez dispenser type of device that the chameleon could pull a lever and get a cricket lol.

What I did for my girlfriend (who hates bugs) is took a toilet paper roll tube and covered one end with plastic and secured it with a rubber band. leave the tube in the cricket container for a little while and the cricket will go into the tube since its dark. remove the tube slowly and brush any off the outside of the tube and shake the crickets out of the tube into a feeding cup or into the enclosure. Tap it a few times if you need a certain amount of crickets since alot of them will get up in there.
that's a good idea! thanks

Or there is the cricket keepers, you get them from most pet stores, you can just slide some crickets into a long rectangle carrier that is "cricket-touching" free

It would be neat to make something that almost has a like quarter machine type crank with different chambers that are emptied from each feeding. The chambers would have to be loaded with a certain amount of crickets beforehand..haha if this isn't a thing it should be.

Back
Top Bottom