Cricket Breeding Not so success :(

mardithepanther

I Posted a cricket breeding thread a while ago thinking I was a success.........It has been 2 weeks now and no freaking eggs have hatched yet! IM gonna try again with some 3/4 inch crickets and raise em till adults. I think i didnt keep the soil moist enough. Any advice?

You have to make sure the substrate is moist. Mist it everyday. I even poured water on mine to keep it moist in the middle too. I'm using a zoomed heat pad underneath a 20 gallon aquarium. I've got hundreds of pinheads walking around now.

I have a tupper ware container in the middle of a 20 gallon rubber maid container with a heating pad under the small container. it is 2 inches deep and 4 inch by 4 inch wide I misted it 2 times a day but then it went 3 days without misting :( I know it got plenty of eggs :( but some on the surface dont even look dried out:/ my mister broke today too:(

They can take a month or longer to hatch. I've had eggs take FOREVER!

quoted for truth.

(man, I gata get off my lazy rear end and make a video of how I keep and breed my crickets...I don't even try and I get pinheads. AND MY CRICKETS DON'T SMELL)

Harry

What do you do to keep them from smelling? Mine have a very minimal odor if they have any. I just keep them dry.

Get tons! If you want to have lots of little pinheads use as many adults as you can. Remember that the mortality rate in crickets is super high so you have to plan for it.

I know your problem. They are known as pests but it's in my opinion quite easy to kill this "pest" and not so easy to breed them. Dubias are in my opinion real "pests" but crickets are lame

You cant feed dubia nymphs to hatchlings. Easiest way to start getting pinheads is give a month ahead, then buy at least 500 adult crickets online. Put wet coco fiber in a couple of butter tubs and keep the cricket bin warm with a UTH. put a section of egg crate accross the top of the butter tubs. After 2 days, take the tubs out of the main bin and put them in another empty bin and put a bunch of toilet paper rolls cut in half but leave one full size leaning on the tubs with a piece torn so it sticks into the coco fiber so the pinheads can get down out of the tub by climbing the toilet paper roll. If you keep the eggs warm with a ceramic heater and mist them a couple times a day so they dont dry out, they will hatch quicker (within 2 weeks). Put a little pile of cricket crack or flukers and either water crystals or fresh fruit/veggies for moisture for the pinheads. I have done this several times and saved tons in pinhead costs. Newborn panthers can actually start out on 1/16"-1/8" circkets so if you hatch your pinheads out a little early they will still be fine.

Good info. I'm trying it too but I've been using play sand and sure that's probably wrong, and mine are probably not warm enough from the sound of it.

You cant feed dubia nymphs to hatchlings. Easiest way to start getting pinheads is give a month ahead, then buy at least 500 adult crickets online. Put wet coco fiber in a couple of butter tubs and keep the cricket bin warm with a UTH. put a section of egg crate accross the top of the butter tubs. After 2 days, take the tubs out of the main bin and put them in another empty bin and put a bunch of toilet paper rolls cut in half but leave one full size leaning on the tubs with a piece torn so it sticks into the coco fiber so the pinheads can get down out of the tub by climbing the toilet paper roll. If you keep the eggs warm with a ceramic heater and mist them a couple times a day so they dont dry out, they will hatch quicker (within 2 weeks). Put a little pile of cricket crack or flukers and either water crystals or fresh fruit/veggies for moisture for the pinheads. I have done this several times and saved tons in pinhead costs. Newborn panthers can actually start out on 1/16"-1/8" circkets so if you hatch your pinheads out a little early they will still be fine.

Excellent! I will try this thanks :) the co co fiber and more crix. got it.

rly?

the fresh nymphs are extremely tiny iv never done it but it doesn't seem like it would harm them, but ill take youre word for it....and you can feed lobster nymphs those are tiny and very soft....and they breed faster.

Back
Top Bottom