Cresties?

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just curious if anyone had heard or knows anything about crested geckos being wild/next invasive species in Florida. A few months ago friend of stepdaughter found one in bad shape...it didn’t survive. Now last night stepdaughter found one in her room...also in bad shape. Not knowing what else to do with it she released it outside. Wish she had gotten me, but oh well.

Just curious if anyone had heard or knows anything about crested geckos being wild/next invasive species in Florida. A few months ago friend of stepdaughter found one in bad shape...it didn’t survive. Now last night stepdaughter found one in her room...also in bad shape. Not knowing what else to do with it she released it outside. Wish she had gotten me, but oh well.
Not crested geckos but there are house geckos that I know are an invasive species in Florida they look quiet similar though. Just so you know once you touch an invasive species like veiled chameleons, geckos, anoles, etc. in Florida they’re yours and you can’t release them since it’s illegal to release these types of animals there 😉

Not crested geckos but there are house geckos that I know are an invasive species in Florida they look quiet similar though. Just so you know once you touch an invasive species like veiled chameleons, geckos, anoles, etc. in Florida they’re yours and you can’t release them since it’s illegal to release these types of animals there 😉
I have 2 empty enclosures sitting in my living room that she could have put it into until I woke up. :rolleyes: What’s one more lizard? She’s only 18 and I guess just didn’t think. She only had a crappy pic of it...I guess it could have been a house gecko. Whatever it was, it was very dark and had freshly lost it’s tail. The pic she showed me of what her friend had found did indeed look like a crestie.

I have 2 empty enclosures sitting in my living room that she could have put it into until I woke up. :rolleyes: What’s one more lizard? She’s only 18 and I guess just didn’t think. She only had a crappy pic of it...I guess it could have been a house gecko. Whatever it was, it was very dark and had freshly lost it’s tail. The pic she showed me of what her friend had found did indeed look like a crestie.
Haha you’ll probably find another one. Did it look something like this?

Attachments

• C96B25E9-E54E-4999-A140-315437E1720F.jpeg
    C96B25E9-E54E-4999-A140-315437E1720F.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 109
Haha you’ll probably find another one. Did it look something like this?
Kind of but it was almost black. I see the little house geckos all over the place...they are almost translucent. Cute little buggers. I have the anoles that run all around, tree ‘sticky’ frogs living in my shed and the gecko’s every now and then hang out near my outside lights for the yummy bugs they attract.

Kind of but it was almost black. I see the little house geckos all over the place...they are almost translucent. Cute little buggers. I have the anoles that run all around, tree ‘sticky’ frogs living in my shed and the gecko’s every now and then hang out near my outside lights for the yummy bugs they attract.
So I’ve researched and there are many species of geckos in Florida that are nonnative. Doesn’t show pictures though sadly 🙄😂
https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/nonnatives/reptiles/geckos/

Back
Top Bottom