Crested Gecko Info

CamiGirl89

I am just wondering if anyone can provide me with some basic Crestie info? I have an exo-terra glass terrarium, several drift-wood and pothos combos, Repashy Crested Gecko food, and some terrarium lights that do not put out heat (it is about 75 in the reptile room all of the time, except for at night). What little quirks, tid-bits, and facts do I need to know? Any and all help would be more than appreciated!

I am just wondering if anyone can provide me with some basic Crestie info? I have an exo-terra glass terrarium, several drift-wood and pothos combos, Repashy Crested Gecko food, and some terrarium lights that do not put out heat (it is about 75 in the reptile room all of the time, except for at night). What little quirks, tid-bits, and facts do I need to know? Any and all help would be more than appreciated!

BUMP! Info anyone?

There's really not a lot of special insight into keeping them, they're super easy reptiles. They like it cool, they like a nice wet mist in the evening, they can live entirely on crested gecko diet or you can mix in live bugs for enrichment, and they like to have different hides to choose from.

They are also very curious, so when I had my large community tank set up behind my desk I would turn around and see them all staring at my computer screen lol. They loved coming out to see what I was doing, or I'd hear them thumping from one branch to another. They like jumping, so thick branches set up here and there will be appreciated. Something like bamboo is good, especially when wide enough to hide in, too.

Thank you both for the reply! I just got a little 4 month old yesterday evening, I will post a picture shortly. He is adorable, and the Repashy gecko food smells like bananas, so much nicer than crickets! :)

Here is Felix!

Attachments

• Felix.jpg
    Felix.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 149
  • Felix1.jpg
    Felix1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 197
I believe that! My husband and I love this little guy, and are already talking about what reptile shows are coming up... Lol!

Back
Top Bottom