Crested Gecko digginig!

Julirs

Tonight one of my female crested geckos is digging in a plant pot. This will be the first clutch that any of my females has laid, and they are all a year and 1/2 old! I want baby cresties! :p

LOL-I am so excited I can't spell digging!

Crud-I am majorly bummed! I just decided to check the other crested geckos laying bin, and there are 4 huge eggs in there! 3 of them look OK-one was dented in. I have no idea-it has been over a week since I checked that bin and they all look dry. I moved them into vermiculite without disturbing the orientation of the eggs. Do they have a chance?

I had no idea the eggs were so HUGE!

Digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig digginig!

Crud-I am majorly bummed! I just decided to check the other crested geckos laying bin, and there are 4 huge eggs in there! 3 of them look OK-one was dented in. I have no idea-it has been over a week since I checked that bin and they all look dry. I moved them into vermiculite without disturbing the orientation of the eggs. Do they have a chance?

I had no idea the eggs were so HUGE!

Congrats Juli! Incubate them until the mold over you never know. Keep checking the bin frequently. You are going to get quite a few of them the next few months.

They are quite big coming out of those little geckos.

Awesome! Congrats!!! It's always exciting when any of your animals lay eggs. Hope all goes well, as well.:D

Awww! Congrats! Do females lay infertiles like chameleons do? How does the size of the eggs compare to infertile Veiled eggs? I have a young female crestie and have this to look forward to also!

Today I got 2 perfect eggs from one of the females in my trio!

Awww! Congrats! Do females lay infertiles like chameleons do? How does the size of the eggs compare to infertile Veiled eggs? I have a young female crestie and have this to look forward to also!

If I have this right-they will mostly just lay fertiles. They are twice as big and almost twice as long as Veiled eggs.

Congrats Juli! Incubate them until the mold over you never know. Keep checking the bin frequently. You are going to get quite a few of them the next few months.

They are quite big coming out of those little geckos.

Out of the three I got from you, I got 2 boys and 1 girl. I got a girl from Catherine and a girl from Kim if I remember this all correctly. Problem is, out of my trio, I am not sure who laid which eggs. The Dad of eggs I got today is a reverse pinner, and very neat looking.

Awesome! Congrats!!! It's always exciting when any of your animals lay eggs. Hope all goes well, as well.:D

Thanks! :) I find it very exciting too! I did not breed a thing last year, and have been looking forward to baby somethings!

What Fun, well done they must be happy! Pics of the eggs please. :)

I didn't take pics of the eggs, I will take pics of the next ones, which should be here tomorrow. I will try to take pics of some of the parents-give me a few moments. :)

OK-this is the pair I found the eggs from yesterday-I am thinking only 2 of the 4 might make it since I have no idea how long they have been in the dry substrate.
Male-From Ryan J:
DSCN8497.jpg

DSCN8496.jpg

DSCN8498.jpg

Female-From Reptile Industries:
DSCN8494.jpg

DSCN8495.jpg

DSCN8493.jpg

DSCN8492.jpg

And here is the trio:

Male From Ryan J-he is getting ready to shed-but is such a cool looking Gecko!:
DSCN8487.jpg

DSCN8486.jpg

DSCN8485.jpg

Female #1 from Catherine Adams:
DSCN8490.jpg

DSCN8489.jpg

Female #1 and #2:
DSCN8483.jpg

Awww! They are all so cute! That female from Reptile Industries is a stunner! So beautiful! I hope the eggs do well for you! I didn't realise that gecko eggs are that large! Poor girls - that's probably why they only lay two at a time, lol!!:D

Eggs everywhere! I have found yet another pair of eggs from my pair, and one of the girls from my trio is butt down in a hole! Cresties are taking over my house! :)

Back
Top Bottom