Couple Questions

Dnectrum

Ok, Just recieved my VEILED chameleon yesterday. He was very energetic coming out of the packaging, he was a bright color and very active (Crawling on my Arms) However, I am new to this so the questions come rolling out...

He is currently a darker green, Not brown but has black spots. This is frequent, I have kept the noise and business down to a minimum and he is completely secluded behind loads of Trees/Vines. I feel he may still be under stress because of the new move, but I am really just wondering if I can minimize this in any way.

Also, He does not seem to roam, atleast not how I imagined. I have several dowels/Biovines/Exoterra vines setup around the cage, sort of like a highway with a center hole that holds the feeder cup perfectly in the middle. Anyways, He does not like to go on any other vines besides the big leafed pothos (Fake) that surrounds the screen walls. I fear that maybe my vines are not suitable, and maybe I should rearrange them, but like I said I dont want to stress him. I can also purchase another vine, most of them range from top to middle in height, maybe adding another vine near where he hangs out will influence more traveling.

Sorry if these are a bit silly, I just want to get the kinks out =)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4' DIYCAGE
Lighting - Reptisun 18" 5.0, 60W House Bulb
Temperature - 89-92 depending on humidity at basking, 78 at bottom, 72-74 at night.
Humidity - 44 Low - 70 High
Plants - 2 Umbrella Trees
Placement - Bedroom, about 8ft at the top of the cage.
Location - Union Beach, New Jersey

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 5 Month Veiled.
Feeding - Crickets and Superworms so far. I try not to use so many worms, mostly crickets, Gonna buy some silkies soon. He ate 1 worm and 3 crickets the day I got him. Still have to see what he eats this feeding. (Cup Fed)
Supplements - Rep-Cal Banquot! Half the feeders dusted with Calc no d3, still waiting to get to the multivitimin/d3 days
Watering - Little Dripper, and another dripper. 2 spots, I also mist for about 2-3 mins at a time.
Fecal Description - White nugget, and a large brown rod. Cleaned up immediately
History - I recieved him from a breeder, who I happen to be speaking with also.
Current Problem - see start of post.

Any help would be great, see this post for a picture of my cage. https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-setup-pic-heavy-29403/

I have a towel wrapped on 1 side where my comp is to avoid him seeing me if I am here and to keep humidity in a bit better.

It can take a few days for new chams to get used to a new house and people, etc. They also need to adjust to a new cage and feel comfortable in it. Amy used to get the black/dark colouring whenever I did anything inside her cage or when I looked at her for too long! She's fine now - I only occasionally see the darker markings when she's not happy with something!:D

Nothing jumps out as an 'issue'. I think give him a few days to adjust and adapt, rminimize handling/disturbance (as of state has been done) and your cham should be fine. When I've brought them home, they usually don't eat the first day but drink.

As for being active coming out of that box compared to now - he was saying "thank goodness I'm outta there" lol but now needs time alone to adjust.

Thanks everyone, I figured it was just time that needs to take its course.

On a side note, I have all 3 Rep-Cal products. I Dust with just Calc daily, only half the feeders which varies, I coat them lightly. I do not want to hit him with D3 and Multivitamin a day after eachother, so Im gonna do d3 this weekend, and Multivitamin the following weekend and continue with the schedule.

I also cup feed/free range, removing any remaining free rangers I see at bedtime.

it might just be me..but 70% humidity sounds a little high :confused: mine is normally 30-50. but it could just be me :D

Back
Top Bottom