Couple of questions about my chams

laurahlove

Hey guys, so my chameleons Earl and Boggs have been doing really good. I just had a few questions that I've been wanting to ask.

So we got this really cool waterfall thing for Boggs yesterday, and he seems to enjoy it. But I went in there this morning and I caught him chewing on it. Is that bad?
This was him after, looking guilty.
(Its fake wood obviously)
3a2907dea80375aa4dbae3fdd2dbf6fc.jpg

Earl has gone back to normal, coming out daily to free range on my curtains. But when he's in his cage, he been scaling the screens a lot. Going down to the bottom, all the way around, up and down. He sits on his vines and in his basking spot more than hes been doing this, but its just been concerning me a little. Is he happy? Sad? Mad?

Thanks and if I think of any more I'll post them :)

You should remove the waterfall all together... If a feeder drowns in there could produce lots of bacteria. Also, chameleons tend to poo in the waterfall which can also contaminate the water which the animal will then drink.
I would avoid any risk and get rid of the waterfall, especially if he is already chewing on it.

Earl is probably just prowling, making sure there are no intruders, also, if you free roam your feeders he could be looking for more.

Just to update: took the waterfall out, returned it. The little brat was trying to poop in it.

And Earl, his cage is too small for him. :( I've been trying to find a large repti breeze for him. He's just pushing me for it at this point lol

Back
Top Bottom