Country wide shortage of distilled water???

It's been hit and miss here in California for a year or more. I now use half distilled half R/O in my misting system.

I noticed it here at the store i shop (Ny) for about a month or so now. I thought it was just that store but went to another store today and they only had 1 gallon left as well. Hmm

Huh…ok, explains why the few rare times I need a couple of gallons, there’s never any on the shelves. I thought I just shop too late in the day.

It’s been hit or miss here for a year or more. My daughter went looking for some for me and went to 5 different stores including Walmart ans target, none. If target had some, the price went up from 89 cents a gallon to 2.49 now! I gave up and bought a water distiller. We’ll see how well it works. I pray it works well.

??? Really? I haven’t had time any issues except when there was a tropical system coming. I use Wally- World grocery pickup and get 12 bottles at a time. Hmmm…

Target has had it when I have looked, but it is “Good and Gather” now rather than market pantry… I think. Could just be a timing thing…

you guys need to look around the industrial parts and DI refill stations. the mobile car detailers are not paying a buck a gallon...

Im lucky, we have DI on tap (literally a garden hose with sprayer) since i make electronics. I just look goofy walking in with a 5 gallon tote and filling up at the cleaning station...

It is hard to find in St. Louis, MO. Most places are out and when it does come it sells quickly. I have to buy in bulk when I find it. Let us know how the Amazon order goes!

Use the filtered water dispensers at grocery stores, or buy a RO system for $70-100. I found I was spending $5 or more a week on water, so spending the $80 on an RODI system for my house made more sense in the long term.

Use the filtered water dispensers at grocery stores, or buy a RO system for $70-100. I found I was spending $5 or more a week on water, so spending the $80 on an RODI system for my house made more sense in the long term.
Me too and would never go back. On weekends I "make" about 50 gals for chams and plants. Have a barrel with a float do it is a no brainer.

Well the distiller machine ne came in yesterday and I just put it together and am running my first bottle now. It says it takes 4 hours to distill 4 liters of water. I will let you know how it goes

So theres like 3.8 something liters per us gallon so I’m making approx. one gallon in 4 hours. I think if I ran one cycle every 3 days I can make enough to support my need between what I need for the mister and fogger for Eustis as well as my c pap machine for me. I’ll probably run it the next 3-4 days every day to get a few gallons ahead.

Wow. It takes a lot of time to make distilled water. I was just at Wallyworld and just for curiosity’s sake took a peek at the water aisle. The shelf for distilled water is completely bare.

well I made my first gallon yesterday and it went well but the instructions say to toss the first 3 to 5 gallons you make with the machine so I’ll run it through about 3 gallons then I’ll start saving it. It worked great! It’s really easy to do. It’s a little noisy because of the fan but not bad. I’m just curious what it will do to my electric bill.

I have made 4 gallons of distilled water now and tossed them so now I think I can start saving it as I make it. This machine works great! I got it off Amazon. It was $99.00 plus tax so I paid about $105.00 total. It comes with the machine, gallon water collecting bottle, 3 or 4 charcoal sachets, a cap for the water collection bottle and a pour spout cap for it as well, and a container of citric acid cleaner to clean the inner stainless steal water chamber when it builds of scale and sediments. I highly recommend it. Its the Co-Z water distiller one gallon counter top distiller on Amazon. I tried to figure out how to link it here but can’t figure it out. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom