Country wide shortage of distilled water???

I mist for 2 minutes at 7pm, 1am, 4 am,7 am. That’s all. I also fog him from 1am to 5 am. When temp is 67 degrees or lower.

I mist for 2 minutes at 7pm, 1am, 4 am,7 am. That’s all. I also fog him from 1am to 5 am. When temp is 67 degrees or lower.
Maybe check in with the Jackson's experts. I don't think he would actively drink at 1 AM or 4, so to my understanding the night misting is just to keep humidity up. I would think about 20-30 secs would be more than adequate but again I am not hte expert.

But what I can say -this may be the reason the ficus die, they cannot tolerate that much water

So you might be able to save some water, some plants, and still keep Eustis hale and hearty :)

Thanks for the advice but I have such a hard time keeping the humidity up in the winter because here in the northeast we have our heat running that dries out the air. I have the cage enclosed in a shower curtain on 3 sides and plastic on his door at night but not covering the service door. I still have trouble keeping the humidity up.

Thanks for the advice but I have such a hard time keeping the humidity up in the winter because here in the northeast we have our heat running that dries out the air. I have the cage enclosed in a shower curtain on 3 sides and plastic on his door at night but not covering the service door. I still have trouble keeping the humidity up.
Got it. If a room humidifier does not do the job I could see this would be needed.

Interesting! I noticed signs at the grocery store for distilled water at $2.50 a gallon (usually $1.15). They're still ringing up as $1.15, but I am switching to tap and will deal wtih the water stains in spring. Once spring rolls around, my local grocery store has a RO water machine where you can fill up those 5 gallon water jugs for about $1.

I wish I knew where to get ro water that cheap. I checked out getting an ro maker but it takes so much water just to make one gallon of ro and I live in an apartment and am afraid of getting in trouble for using too much water because I dont pay for water.

All we have around here are pet stores that have fish, no aquarium stores. I did recently find some distilled water at Walmart and bought a few gallons just to supplement what I make.

I wish I knew where to get ro water that cheap. I checked out getting an ro maker but it takes so much water just to make one gallon of ro and I live in an apartment and am afraid of getting in trouble for using too much water because I dont pay for water.

Check out industrial supplies. Plenty of spots that sell distilled or DI water. Stop thinking "food" and start thinking "cleaning" or "production".

Well I started finding some distilled water here and there at Walmart to supplement my making it so I think I’ll just keep using my distiller and buy more when I can find it. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestion! I really appreciate them!

3 stage HMA filters takes most of the solubles and heavy metals from hard water, you can also get chloro-amine resin filters if your on ground water mains. without the side effects like removal of minerals from drinking RO water no need to add minerals back to the water to compensate to.

I just happened to glance at the label of the water jug I’m filling (is RO water making day) and found it interesting. I had bought it at Aldi’s primarily because I needed more bottles. I don’t know how all purified water is actually purified, but this one says how on the label.
4C97F5C8-2D87-4B39-81EE-B5E8EEA12259.jpeg

Can’t find any anywhere so I ordered a water distiller on Amazon and will let you all know how well it does.
It will be one of the best purchases u made picked one up about a week ago and have about 20 gallons of distilled water pretty much already paid for itself

Back
Top Bottom