could oral batyril cause tong problems

Joe A

ive been reading other posts and read that baytril could burn the tong, my cham is having probs extending his tong, (i started a thread titled tong problems) it only started after he began an oral baytril treatment to deal with a skin sore, hes been on it for almost 2weeks now and his skin looks like its healing so i was going to stop giving him baytril soon, i plan to still give him the chlorhexiderm rinse twice a day to be safe, but this tong prob has really got me puzzled ,could it be from the baytril burning his tong

ive been reading other posts and read that baytril could burn the tong, my cham is having probs extending his tong, (i started a thread titled tong problems) it only started after he began an oral baytril treatment to deal with a skin sore, hes been on it for almost 2weeks now and his skin looks like its healing so i was going to stop giving him baytril soon, i plan to still give him the chlorhexiderm rinse twice a day to be safe, but this tong prob has really got me puzzled ,could it be from the baytril burning his tong

I doubt it. The infection and possibly other health issues you are trying to treat could be causing the problem, not the drug. But, in your earlier thread did you fill in the "how to ask for help" questions? Tongue problems can be due to nutritional deficiencies.

i totaly agree with carlton's post. i dont know if you were around to follow, but i bought a Western Usambara Two-Horned, that came very dehydrated malnurited and had bad tounge issues, exatly what you are describing. i offered more water than usual, dusted his food with plain calcium every feeding, and did 3 instead of 1 or 2 LIGHT dustings of D3 and herptivite (all suppliments i use are rep-cal), i also pre made much better gut loads, and after a month all of these issues were back to normal. he is doing very well.

the skin problem you are treating is what my girlfriend just finished treatment on with her chameleon. it was 0.5mg of the baytril every day for about 2 weeks, with the wash on the infection. we stoped the was yesterday because the infections were healed as much as they could be, over caring for it was starting to shrink and dry out the skin, so we have decided to let the rest heal on its own. other than that, no baytril side effects whatsoever.

its time to stop the meds, so hopefully his body will rehydrate and maybe thats all it is, he looks like hes going to shed soon but his skin is dried from the meds ,whats the best way to help him shed easier?

Back
Top Bottom