Correct supplements

That is too much. Could that just be his fat pads, not swelling?
I asked my vet about this as well and he said in the bloodwork, there wasn't any excessive fat content noted and it feels like air if pressed on. He told me to continue feeding him daily, if he eats it because he wants him to keep on the weight. What is your recommendation with feeding??

I asked my vet about this as well and he said in the bloodwork, there wasn't any excessive fat content noted and it feels like air if pressed on. He told me to continue feeding him daily, if he eats it because he wants him to keep on the weight. What is your recommendation with feeding??
Right now, 1-2 feeders 3x a week until he’s at a healthy weight, then 2-3 feeders 3x a week. What do you gutload with? Also, which Calcium Plus do you have, and do you use it as your normal calcium without D3?

Last edited:
Right now, 1-2 feeders 3x a week until he’s at a healthy weight, then 2-3 feeders 3x a week. What do you gutload with? Also, is which Calcium Plus do you have, and do you use it as your normal calcium without D3?
I gutload with Repashy Bug Burger. That's the other issue I was having :(( I was originally dusting with calcium without D3 daily and with d3 and multivitamins twice a month. When I got his lab work done, the vet said his calcium levels were too high at 15.1 and to use Repashy Calcium Plus two times weekly with feedings and to not use any other supplements because that'll take care of it. So this past Monday, I started dusting with the Calcium Plus and do it again on Thursdays.

I gutload with Repashy Bug Burger. That's the other issue I was having :(( I was originally dusting with calcium without D3 daily and with d3 and multivitamins twice a month. When I got his lab work done, the vet said his calcium levels were too high at 15.1 and to use Repashy Calcium Plus two times weekly with feedings and to not use any other supplements because that'll take care of it.
Calcium Plus has too much D3 and Vit. A to use twice a month, people use the LoD formula for their twice a month D3 and multivitamin supplement. I can’t help with that, as I’m not the most knowledgeable about that, so just sit tight until a member who does come along.

Calcium Plus has too much D3 and Vit. A to use twice a month, people use the LoD formula for their twice a month D3 and multivitamin supplement. I can’t help with that, as I’m not the most knowledgeable about that, so just sit tight until a member who does come along.
Okay, thank you! My vet told me to stop using the other supplementation and to just stick with Repashy Calcium Plus twice weekly for now. I'm just unsure if I should continue to do the Calcium Plus 2x weekly or continue to dust each feeding with Calcium without d3 and then multivitamins monthly.

Okay, thank you! My vet told me to stop using the other supplementation and to just stick with Repashy Calcium Plus twice weekly for now. I'm just unsure if I should continue to do the Calcium Plus 2x weekly or continue to dust each feeding with Calcium without d3 and then multivitamins monthly.
That's the part I'm not sure about, whether to listen to your vet or do a normal supplement routine. Hopefully someone experienced will be able to answer you soon!

This isn't really true, thought I do agree sun is good. A chameleon can go a lifetime without sun, but proper uvb and/or d3 supplementation and never get MBD.
Yes the casque can bend if the cham has MBD. But casques can differ in look from veiled to veiled. It's pretty obvious if its mbd though. But the most obvious sign of MBD is the bend in the limbs on a cham.

What veggies do you feed him, and do you supplement those, as well? Veiled are insectivores and should only eat bugs (and the cage plants if they feel like it), no veggies. I was just wondering in case the veggies you do feed could be part of the calcium problem, if possible.

What veggies do you feed him, and do you supplement those, as well? Veiled are insectivores and should only eat bugs (and the cage plants if they feel like it), no veggies. I was just wondering in case the veggies you do feed could be part of the calcium problem, if possible.
Could be- I usually will do sweet potato and kale (he doesn't really touch the kale much anymore though).. but he loves his sweet potato, I usually give it once or twice every week/every other week. His diet consists mostly of insects though!

@kinyonga Hello! Do you know a good schedule for supplementation? I'm having the issue with too much calcium at 15.1 in the blood.. my vet suggests stopping every other supplement and just using Repashy Calcium Plus twice weekly. However, I know this product has high Vitamin A and Vitamin D3 levels which means I would not need a Vitamin D3 supplement. Should I stick to the Calcium Plus twice weekly or would that be too much Vitamin d3 incorporated since his levels are already high? I could do without d3 every feeding like I was and Calcium Plus every other week?

But from what the vet said. Everything is normal. So I'm gonna guess and say over time his condition could go down hill. I would try to take him out in the sun for a bit. Not direct sunlight. But set him in a plant or small tree and keep an eye on him
What's so sad about it miss no it all???

Back
Top Bottom