Cooling during summer

Evie091

Hi, as summer is approaching I am thinking more about keeping temps down during the hot weather. I know you can mist them more and things like that but was wondering if anyone uses things like fans or air conditioners for their chams or just other recommendations in the same light. I live in the UK if that helps. Thank you very much in advance!

Here in Serbia summers are way hotter than in UK and I just place lower wattage bulb in the enclosure and sometimes but not often turn on A/C in the room but I think some people here use fans I’m not sure..

Hi, as summer is approaching I am thinking more about keeping temps down during the hot weather. I know you can mist them more and things like that but was wondering if anyone uses things like fans or air conditioners for their chams or just other recommendations in the same light. I live in the UK if that helps. Thank you very much in advance!
Fans alone won't do anything, because chameleons can't perspire. Evaporative coolers make lofty claims of "up to 10 degrees" but IME, they're only good for a couple degrees, which often isn't enough.

Some folks do use AC units—either window, room-sized, or tiny personal units.

Something to consider is that when temperatures drop, humidity goes up, so many AC units include dehumidifiers, which could be good or bad depending on what humidity you need to maintain for your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom