Coolest bug EVER! Snake head catapillar

It's obviously a Pokemon joke.

Not everyone watches Pokémon, chill...

I am not into Pokemon guy.

Damn! I have a smaller one but I’m not going to risk feeding it to a Cham. What about once it exits the cocoon as a butterfly, still toxic?

And what is that in your profile pic? A light trap?

Hey Jeremy, are these two the same species? The little one has those wired bumps on top of it’s head, big one doesn’t. And the little one doesn’t do the red tongue thing...

They turn into Swallow Tail Butterflies. I would not feed them to my chameleons. However from my readings there is no mentions of the adults butterflies being toxic. There is mention of the cocooned caterpillars have big parasite loads. LOL. I would stay away from them.

The picture in my avatar is my greenhouse at night with my metal halide light on. I am planning to modify that metal halide on of these days.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I am not into Pokemon guy.

They turn into Swallow Tail Butterflies. I would not feed them to my chameleons. However from my readings there is no mentions of the adults butterflies being toxic. There is mention of the cocooned caterpillars have big parasite loads. LOL. I would stay away from them.

The picture in my avatar is my greenhouse at night with my metal halide light on. I am planning to modify that metal halide on of these days.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I’m not going to push my luck, they will not be fed off. Thanks again!

I think this is what it turns into, we have a lot of these around the house...

Attachments

• D6D520F5-E972-4245-901B-5D173623FEDD.png
    D6D520F5-E972-4245-901B-5D173623FEDD.png
    955.1 KB · Views: 113
I fed a variation of one of these to my panther. The one I caught looked just like Caterpie and as soon as my panther bit down, the caterpillar emitted the foul smelling odor and my panther immediately dropped it. I managed to get the event on my phone and uploaded to YouTube. I can look for the link if anyone is interested..
I’d love to see that vid!

Back
Top Bottom