Convulsing, squirming and chin puffed

Ghonoridous

Our mango is 16 months we got her 3 months ago. Will post pics of screen and fill out forms too but I'm at work and can't yet. She has been getting ready to shed and has been doing this puffing and convulsing action when she is under the light. It looks painful or not pleasant. I will do my best to reply never been on a forum before.

I can see that and understand that as I only see it when I look into her enclosure. What about the writhing around she's doing? Thank you by the way.

I can see that and understand that as I only see it when I look into her enclosure. What about the writhing around she's doing? Thank you by the way.
it look like another defense she is probably getting territorial and trying to scare you off my chameleon recently started doing this and bobbing his head at me

Hi there so this actually has nothing to do with her being defensive. Looks like she is about to go into a shed. This is very normal behavior. She is puffing to help with the shed. The bending of the body back and forth is the same. It is to help lift the shed up off the skin. She is heating up her body while she is doing it.

Nothing to be concerned about normal pre shed behavior for her.

You are more then welcome to fill out a husbandry form later and we can look it over to ensure you have the right info for her.

Is there a husbandry form to fill out? I can't find one and want to provide as much information as possible. Is there one someone can post and I can copy and answer and paste?

Sure as rain I got home yesterday and found she's about to explode skin lol and today she's exploded. Thank you everybody. My partner and I are working on filling the form out just listing the plants is a chore.

Attachments

• 20220510_184533.jpg
    20220510_184533.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220511_173353.jpg
    20220511_173353.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom