Contest: What's in the Box?! Vol. 3

View attachment 245375
Another month. Another box. Another chameleon sticker to try and win. Get those guesses out. Contest ends Monday the 9th. 1 winner will be announced then. Please guess quantity and item you believe to be in the box.

Note: Previous winners @Beman and @KobaOregonherper are not elegible.

Goodluck and Godspeed my Chamily!
View attachment 245376
Cochineal.... um I have no idea how many tho... um an ounce or two?

They are bugs, scaly... used to make dyes

So... "Tye-Dye's" favorite treat must be SILKWORMS... cause that's what everyone was saying. But I'm gonna guess you are like me!

500 Silkworm eggs, 1/2lb silkworm chow, 2 petri dishes, a rubber band and some packing material?

Well.... thanks for that. I was feeling really smart knowing what bugs were used to make dyes.... and that some herps do actually eat them.... lol now I feel like a moron.

Lol, thanks!
Not at all! That was actually really cool to learn xD i knew we used things from nature to make dyes and cases for foos and what not, like wax bugs(think it was wax bugs!) are crushed and used to make the outer shell skittles and M&Ms and other candies like that. But I didn’t know about bugs being used to make dyes! Figured it was just flowers and synthetic colors they used..

Not at all! That was actually really cool to learn xD i knew we used things from nature to make dyes and cases for foos and what not, like wax bugs(think it was wax bugs!) are crushed and used to make the outer shell skittles and M&Ms and other candies like that. But I didn’t know about bugs being used to make dyes! Figured it was just flowers and synthetic colors they used..
I think these days they mainly use them as [sorry for this] FOOD DYES!!! Its probably in most of what we eat XD

Back
Top Bottom