Contest Theme Suggestions

What about female chams...

How about just photo's of female chameleons since the males are always getting the credit for being beautiful

Thanks for the feedback :)

maybe a theme with a comic theme? Kinda like the heroic chams website with the text bubbles and an appropriate text in it?
This is something we have been considering for a while now. My only concern here is that we might not get enough participants. An entry would require modification and not everyone has the initial ability to do that.

How about just photo's of female chameleons since the males are always getting the credit for being beautiful
I agree we don't see enough female chameleons. However, making an exclusive female chameleon contest might exclude a lot of members.

Thanks for the feedback :)

This is something we have been considering for a while now. My only concern here is that we might not get enough participants. An entry would require modification and not everyone has the initial ability to do that.

I agree we don't see enough female chameleons. However, making an exclusive female chameleon contest might exclude a lot of members.

I like the female idea

I agree on the female idea. It seems like the brightly colored males usually win and the planer females never make it. So what if not everyone has a female? Not everyone has a nosy be, sambava, etc. I also think that a month of babies and/or piggys would be good also, even though I don't have a piggy either.

Let's give everyone a chance. Seems like the people who win have won before. (they have beautiful critters, btw and great cameras for close ups.) JMHO

I agree on the female idea. It seems like the brightly colored males usually win and the planer females never make it. So what if not everyone has a female? Not everyone has a nosy be, sambava, etc. I also think that a month of babies and/or piggys would be good also, even though I don't have a piggy either.

Let's give everyone a chance. Seems like the people who win have won before. (they have beautiful critters, btw and great cameras for close ups.) JMHO

I like the female idea too. Not everyone has a female, true, but also not everyone has a flashy male, and not everyone has a flashy macro capable camera....

Or how about feeders? meaning pics of bugs commonly used as feeders. I know this is a chameleon forum, so perhaps no prize beyond the little icon near your name. But most of us have feeders. Ive seem some nice roach, mantid, moth and grasshopper pictures. Even a kingworm or hornworm can look good on close-up.

All female ia a great idea. It so hard for the females to compete with all the colorful males.

Baby Chameleon Theme
I don't plan to do a baby theme again this year. Determining if an entry was a baby or not became too subjective and time consuming. It also excluded a lot of members.

Female Chameleon Theme
This is an option and members have showed an interest. However, I think this would exclude a lot of members.

Gaping Chameleon Theme
This is simple and objective.

LOL Chameleon Theme
This has been discussed for months and could be a lot of fun. The biggest problem is that most members lack the initial ability to add text to a photo. This theme would focus on humor and have the additional requirement that a phrase be added to the photo.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/lolchams-12759/

I'll start a poll tomorrow and leave it up for a couple days.

Baby Chameleon Theme
I don't plan to do a baby theme again this year. Determining if an entry was a baby or not became too subjective and time consuming. It also excluded a lot of members.

Female Chameleon Theme
This is an option and members have showed an interest. However, I think this would exclude a lot of members.

Gaping Chameleon Theme
This is simple and objective.

LOL Chameleon Theme
This has been discussed for months and could be a lot of fun. The biggest problem is that most members lack the initial ability to add text to a photo. This theme would focus on humor and have the additional requirement that a phrase be added to the photo.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/lolchams-12759/

I'll start a poll tomorrow and leave it up for a couple days.

I like all of these, but what does everyone think about a "chams and their owners contest"? i have seen some good ones posted before, its always nice to put faces to the names.

Back
Top Bottom