Constipation?

KeopiCat

Avid Member
How often should an adult male veiled chameleon be going to the bathroom? Mondo is at least 2 years old and I've had him for about 16 months. When I first got him he would go to the bathroom at least once/twice a week, but I've noticed his bowels have slowed down significantly as of late. He goes to the bathroom usually about once every two weeks. I feed him a diet with a good amount of worms, he has misting sessions that range from 6-8 minutes 4 times a day, and his hotspot is in the correct range with a temperature drop at night. He just had a fecal run and I'm fairly certain it came back negative because I haven't received a call with bad news (and they said no news is good news). They're closed at the moment, but I'll call tomorrow to confirm this

Is his lack of bowel movements normal? I have a vet appointment set up for this Friday, but since the vet is a little over an hour away and I'm not sure what the vet can do for constipation should I take him? I don't want to stress him out too much.

All I can add is my experience with my two year old panther.. he refuses to deficate in the enclosure but will have a nice BM minutes after coming out of his enclosure. He can and generally holds it for weeks. I have a similar misting schedule like you and he seems overall healthy. Variety of feeders, supplement schedule, linear UVB, etc. Hope this gives you some peace of mind!

Back
Top Bottom