Laying down

LizardBoy333

I'm not sure what's going on with my chameleon but I found him lying in the corner of his cage. He was lying down on his stomach. His eyes were open.
He also easily let me scoop him up with no fuss and moved slowly onto the branch I put him on.
He has recently been eating a bit less but I assumed it was due to moving where he was in the house. He ate today though.

He seems to be cowering in a specific corner and keeps going back to it

Should I call a vet tomorrow?

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 16
I'm not sure what's going on with my chameleon but I found him lying in the corner of his cage. He was lying down on his stomach. His eyes were open.
He also easily let me scoop him up with no fuss and moved slowly onto the branch I put him on.
He has recently been eating a bit less but I assumed it was due to moving where he was in the house. He ate today though.

He seems to be cowering in a specific corner and keeps going back to it

Should I call a vet tomorrow?
My guess if the cage was just moved is that he is freaked out about something outside of the cage. This can be anything from a mirror to colorful drapes. I have seen some react to seeing things outside a window and a ceiling fan spinning. Is the cage on a table or on the floor?

My guess if the cage was just moved is that he is freaked out about something outside of the cage. This can be anything from a mirror to colorful drapes. I have seen some react to seeing things outside a window and a ceiling fan spinning. Is the cage on a table or on the floor?
It's on a table. He was moved about 2 weeks ago and seemed to be handling it fine

He can see out a window if he's up at the top though. Could he have seen something and is now avoiding going up there?

It's on a table. He was moved about 2 weeks ago and seemed to be handling it fine

He can see out a window if he's up at the top though. Could he have seen something and is now avoiding going up there?
Could be... They can become really particular about being moved. Say if he never saw direct light pouring in from a window and now he does this can trigger them. Or if you moved him into a room where there is activity and before there was not.

You could get some corrugated plastic sheets and cover the back and two sides this way he is not being overly stimulated. It may help him settle.

Could be... They can become really particular about being moved. Say if he never saw direct light pouring in from a window and now he does this can trigger them. Or if you moved him into a room where there is activity and before there was not.

You could get some corrugated plastic sheets and cover the back and two sides this way he is not being overly stimulated. It may help him settle.
Alright! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom