Conservation ...

"The researchers say that because they estimated losses only in breeding populations, their results are conservative—meaning total bird losses could be even higher than they reported."

In the 60's DDT was still in use and it affects the durability of the eggshells of the birds that have it in their system. I know this had a huge impact on bird of prey species with their larger eggs and being at the top of the food chain.

Honestly in all my travels from sea to sea and mostly in the hunting grounds of the Midwest... I've never seen a lack of Canadian Geese, Mallards, Loons, or Cranes. I have seen a comeback of small hawks but a huge huge decline in all eagle species.

Honestly in all my travels from sea to sea and mostly in the hunting grounds of the Midwest... I've never seen a lack of Canadian Geese, Mallards, Loons, or Cranes. I have seen a comeback of small hawks but a huge huge decline in all eagle species.

I have noticed significantly less Canadian geese. They have migrated over my house for the last 7 years and in the past two, there are far less than there were. Can't speak to the other fowl though.

I have noticed significantly less Canadian geese. They have migrated over my house for the last 7 years and in the past two, there are far less than there were. Can't speak to the other fowl though.

Come to my neck of the woods. We got so many geese we have to gather them all up at the local parks, and ship them 100-150 miles, in hopes that the B52's dont land in the original parks next year. One of my old man friends walks the parks almost every day. He just boots all the "rookie" geese out of the paved paths "they gotta learn some time".

Come to my neck of the woods. We got so many geese we have to gather them all up at the local parks, and ship them 100-150 miles, in hopes that the B52's dont land in the original parks next year. One of my old man friends walks the parks almost every day. He just boots all the "rookie" geese out of the paved paths "they gotta learn some time".

Ok. Feel free to send them my way.

Back
Top Bottom