Confusion on jacksons supplements

Chameleonbeeb

What should I be giving my jacksons on his crickets ? I plan on using plenty of feeders but until my other worms and such come what do I put on the crickets how many per week? I have calcium without d3 and herptivite but how frequently ? I've seen some say a few times a week and some say only once or twice a month I do not want to over supplement !

They need less supplementation than other, non-montane species, especially in regard to D3.

Use the plain calcium every other feeding and the herptivite once a month.

Unless you are keeping your jackson outside 24/7, you will also need an occasional dose of calcium w/ D3, about once every 4-6 weeks.

Good luck!

I always dust crickets and roaches with plain calcium to correct their calcium to phosphorus ratio. When I want to decrease calcium intake for my Jackson I feed him feeders that do not require dusting such as horn worms, silk worms or butter worms. How often to give D3 and a multivitamin will depend on how well you gutload, how wide a variety of feeders you use, how often the chameleon gets real sun and the brand of the supplements.

It is very hard to overdose on just pure calcium carbonate since it is water soluble. You could do pure calcium 3-5 times a week with vitamins once or twice a month and d3 once a month.

It is very hard to overdose on just pure calcium carbonate since it is water soluble. You could do pure calcium 3-5 times a week with vitamins once or twice a month and d3 once a month.

For a jacksons chameleon?

For a growing Jacksons? Yes. It's basically every other feeding on the calcium and once a month on vitamins/d3.

Adults you can cut back the calcium, and in my case I feed my 18 month old male 5 days a week instead of every day.

Back
Top Bottom