Confused

jami

I have attached a few pictures of my 6 month panther chameleon, I am confused as brought as a male but I now believe he is a she! She seems to be displaying female colours and behaviours and has recently been coming to the bottom of the tank and scratching at the glass. She is very friendly and likes to come out, but just need to ensure if she is a he/she and also want to make sure she is okay.

Attachments

• 20131229_180907.jpg
    20131229_180907.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 20131229_180651.jpg
    20131229_180651.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 129
I am not an expert, but pretty sure you have a female. You may need to look into a laying bin since that's the only reason I can think of for a female to be scratching around at the bottom of the cage. Hopefully someone more experienced with females will chime in. I only have experience with males.

I kinda think its a girl too. You can search the forums for setting up a laying bin. I think Dez made a nice video about how to set them up. Your girl doesn't really look like she is carrying eggs and I think she is just barely old enough. But like the other respondent I am only familiar with males. Good luck with her she is a beauty.

Yea cheers guys, had her since she was 3 months old and showing really pinky peachy colours at the moment. She is about 6 to 7 months old now.
Do these colours have any meaning?

Yea cheers guys, had her since she was 3 months old and showing really pinky peachy colours at the moment. She is about 6 to 7 months old now.
Do these colours have any meaning?

Back
Top Bottom