Concerned... about my gravid female

bloftis1

Avid Member
So I was looking and her poop and it seems there was a small speck of blood on the stick her poop fell off of... :( I may take her to the vet to be safe and see what caused it... here’s a pic of the poop, there’s no visible blood in the poop only the speck on the stick...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 130
Or could it be from the sand she keeps on eating ... she went to the lay bin multiple times today and ate freaking sand. I’m worrying so much I want her to be ok

I got the vid of her pooping, I took screenshots... I’m honestly stressed and going to be beyond sad if she passes.

Attachments

• F3D0C66A-7903-4BAA-85D6-43ABD6246094.png
    F3D0C66A-7903-4BAA-85D6-43ABD6246094.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • 970C4FCF-8A0E-4159-B91C-15E0ECB577C0.png
    970C4FCF-8A0E-4159-B91C-15E0ECB577C0.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 141
Hi love if she is making poop she’s not impacted . Looks to be pretty good size as well . Can you post a pic of the blood or have you cleaned it ? Is she slowing down at all , sitting low , eyes closed ?

You can see the blood in one of the pics i believe the first one. its like she smeared it off from her butt onto the stick... shes been up and down the cage all day from what the camera recorded

shes been going to the bottom a lot tho, then coming back up to the top then the bottom, im freaking out! What do u think the blood could possibly mean??

shes been going to the bottom a lot tho, then coming back up to the top then the bottom, im freaking out! What do u think the blood could possibly mean??
Very common for the girls to be on the move getting closer to laying . It would be more of a concern for her not to be pacing/ patrolling . A vet visit would be good . X-ray to see her egg load and make sure all is flowing ok .

Very common for the girls to be on the move getting closer to laying . It would be more of a concern for her not to be pacing/ patrolling . A vet visit would be good . X-ray to see her egg load and make sure all is flowing ok .
could the blood be because shes about to lay or more and likely something more serious :(

Back
Top Bottom