Concerned about dark spot. Help!

Lizardkween

Hi I'm Erin I am new to the forums but have used them for a long time for useful info. My chams name is Frank. I am concerned about something hope someone can help.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 4 month old male ambilobe panther chameleon (blue and red bar mixed). I've had him about 2 weeks.
  • Handling - Handled for a few minutes every week.
  • Feeding - He eats 1/2" crickets and spotted dubia roaches (superworms for treats *not very often*). Gutload with cricket crack and calcium rich wet fruits like oranges. He eats when the lights come on in the morning.
  • Supplements - when giving vitamins I dust his insects. The schedule is: - Rep Cal Calcium w/ no D3: 5 to 6 days a week. - Rep Cal Calcium w/ D3: twice a month. - Rep Cal Herptivite multivitamin: 3 times a month. - Reptivite: 2 times a week.
  • Watering - I use a Climist system. It goes off at 10am, 2pm, 6pm, and 10pm (for 1 min and 30 sec). I see him drinking off leaves.
  • Fecal Description - Feces have been about every other day or every 3rd day. They are brown, black (and if land in water, gray) with white urates. Has never been tested for parasites to my knowledge.
  • History - I bought and had him shipped from Bruce at chameleon paradise. His mother was a red bar ambilobe and his father was a blue bar.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - open screen cage 16×16x30. (Eventually will update when he gets bigger)
  • Lighting - Reptisun 5.0w uvb light. 75w basking lamp. 12 hours on 12 hours off. 10am to 10pm (Thats What I aim for but sometimes it is on longer).
  • Temperature - basking branch is around 6" from top (the light is on top of cage) its 83-85 degrees Fahrenheit. The bottom of cage is around 70 degrees Fahrenheit . The lowest overnight temp is 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I measure with a digital probe I believe it is zilla (hygrometer combo). And to check temps directly I have a thermometer gun). I am having trouble keeping temperature okay at night without dimming my basking light down and leaving on which I know does not promote sleep.
  • Humidity - around 50% But can get down to 30%. I measure with the zilla digital probe (hygrometer thermo combo) I am having trouble keeping humidity levels up.
  • Plants - he has a live pothos he has fallen in love with. The rest are silk
  • Placement - cage is in my bedroom on table. Near no vents or fans. Top of cage is about 6 feet from ground
  • Location - baltimore, Maryland. It is currently frickin freezing.
Current Problem - Frank has a dark spot that I am concerned may have been a thermal burn, in which case I need to make or get a stand to raise his light off the top of his cage. But I want to make sure it is nothing else. I will attach pictures I could get last night. Any input on this issue or any of the info I listed would be so greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20171213_214854.jpg
    20171213_214854.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20171213_220339.jpg
    20171213_220339.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20171213_214851.jpg
    20171213_214851.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 90
Doesn't look like a burn to me. Its difficult to really see the mark in detail though but the most common places for burns to happen are on the back and top of the head.

I just often see him climb onto the top of his cage waaa to close to the light with his belly exposed to the light

Back
Top Bottom