Compact Lights?

NOP

Hello,
i am in the process of getting a baby male veiled cham and have been looking around for the past month getting as much info as i can about everything i could possibly need to know and after reading many many threads in this forum finally decided to join in and get a few questions answered...First off i have a 18x18x24 cage and am wondering about the lights i should use i work at a Petland and have HUUUGE discounts on pretty much everything and i have the top lights for the cage as 2 compact lights (the little twirly ones) a ReptiGlow 2.0 and a ReptiGlow 5.0 for the 2 sockets in the lighting fixture as well as a 50watt basking light and am wondering if i should get something else or if im ok with these...as i am someone who over prepares for everything and wont even think of bringing a Cham home untill i have everything very ideal for keeping a cham healthy....also i have some Plantation soil that i am planning on using in the bottom of the terrarium would that be a no go or is it ok?
Ty any and all replies are welcomed and very much appreciated

if you can get a reptisun 5.0 linear(the long tube kind). that would be better. thats what most of us use. SOME of the compact lights have caused eye problems. there was actually an article in last months reptile magazine about it. also go bare on the bottom of the enclosure. they can get a mouth full of soil with their feeder and get impacted/or mouth rot. welcome to the forum

welcome and he basicly said what i was thinking maybe post a pic of the cage and we can tell you more... jw do u have any live plants yet?

OK thank you all for your input i literally just 30 sec ago ordered a Terrarium Hood and a 18 inch Reptisun 5.0 tube light...and are yall sure about no substrate at all? i want to make sure that the humidity levelss are good and with no substrate wont that make it more difficult?

OK thank you all for your input i literally just 30 sec ago ordered a Terrarium Hood and a 18 inch Reptisun 5.0 tube light...and are yall sure about no substrate at all? i want to make sure that the humidity levelss are good and with no substrate wont that make it more difficult?

Use live plants... and you shouldn't have too much trouble. You don't want substrate because chameleons will sometimes shoot at food items like a cricket walking across the substrate and accidentally eat something they shouldn't and can become impacted.

you wont find many of us who use substrate. its not worth the risk. put a safe plant in there and mist and your humidity will be fine. live plants plus the mist plus the heat = humidity. lol good luck. post pics when you get him

Back
Top Bottom