Coming next week: a little something new...

You sure you won't need to wait for intros with your spouse in the evening first? :ROFLMAO:

Ha!! Well we'll be waiting for a good, long time if I need to get married before I can show her off :LOL:

Anybody else lost...? No...? Just me...? :unsure:

I believe there could be a reference to this high quality, extremely informative, well thought out and provocative thread...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/and-now.165355/

:bookworm:

All right everybody, it's time! I'll just leave this here while I write up an actual post :D

Attachments

• IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 75
Ooookay, so here we go! Sorry for the suspense ;)

For the last ~8 months or so, I've been on a very determined search to expand my chameleon horizons. Specifically, after having been inspired by the Chameleon Breeder Podcast, I wanted to try my hand at keeping a smaller species of chameleons - the carpet chameleon (Furcifer lateralis)! I'd only had experience keeping veileds and panthers up til now, but carpet chams' needs are very comparable to panthers. The really fun thing about preparing for this new little baby was setting up a bioactive vivarium for the first time! I've had the thing all set up, lush with plants and teeming with microfauna, just waiting for its inhabitant for months and months now, while I waited.

The thing about carpet chameleons is that they're a real pain to find captive bred. Frank Payne and Kevin Stanford are some of the only people who breed them and they sell fast. I'd considered risking it and getting a wild caught one, but carpets already have fairly short lifespans, so ones from the wild are usually on the late end of life (not to mention the potential for parasites, etc). So after many months of looking around, checking in with Frank Payne, getting scammed by a fake chameleon seller (we won't talk about that part...), looking around some more, and nearly giving up, I woke up last week to the post from Frank I had been waiting for for so very long. By the time I got there, there was just a single female left and we were clearly fated to be together.

I've decided to call her Alice and she is such a welcome new member of my little chameleon Wonderland. This has been such a long time coming and I am so grateful to have been able to take this opportunity! She's about two months old right now and just the tiniest thing I've ever seen. If you're interested to see how I'm keeping her, check out this caresheet from Frank, himself: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2b35ad_1cd67d548eee474a92e89683340f14d0.pdf

TLDR; I got a carpet chameleon after many months and this is the best day ever. Can't wait to watch her grow up :love:

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0346.jpeg
    IMG_0346.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 105
Ooookay, so here we go! Sorry for the suspense ;)

For the last ~8 months or so, I've been on a very determined search to expand my chameleon horizons. Specifically, after having been inspired by the Chameleon Breeder Podcast, I wanted to try my hand at keeping a smaller species of chameleons - the carpet chameleon (Furcifer lateralis)! I'd only had experience keeping veileds and panthers up til now, but carpet chams' needs are very comparable to panthers. The really fun thing about preparing for this new little baby was setting up a bioactive vivarium for the first time! I've had the thing all set up, lush with plants and teeming with microfauna, just waiting for its inhabitant for months and months now, while I waited.

The thing about carpet chameleons is that they're a real pain to find captive bred. Frank Payne and Kevin Stanford are some of the only people who breed them and they sell fast. I'd considered risking it and getting a wild caught one, but carpets already have fairly short lifespans, so ones from the wild are usually on the late end of life (not to mention the potential for parasites, etc). So after many months of looking around, checking in with Frank Payne, getting scammed by a fake chameleon seller (we won't talk about that part...), looking around some more, and nearly giving up, I woke up last week to the post from Frank I had been waiting for for so very long. By the time I got there, there was just a single female left and we were clearly fated to be together.

I've decided to call her Alice and she is such a welcome new member of my little chameleon Wonderland. This has been such a long time coming and I am so grateful to have been able to take this opportunity! She's about two months old right now and just the tiniest thing I've ever seen. If you're interested to see how I'm keeping her, check out this caresheet from Frank, himself: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2b35ad_1cd67d548eee474a92e89683340f14d0.pdf

TLDR; I got a carpet chameleon after many months and this is the best day ever. Can't wait to watch her grow up :love:

She's very pretty :D. Though now you have me curious on the fake seller thing :cautious:.

So excited for you :D! I can't wait to see her grow up here on the forums. It was well worth the wait and suspense ;).

I wonder if this posting of boxes will continue??? :unsure:

(Evil laugh... :sneaky: )

Back
Top Bottom