Come home to me!

Jamire

Hey guys, just finished setting my cage up. A warm and happy home for my baby ambanja.

Hand-made 18x18x30 (more like 20x20x32) baby cage. Pothos, Soleirolia inside and Schefflera for possible free ranging duties. 2 gal warm mist humidifier and starter mist king system. Main heat lamp is I believe an 80watt, but not to worry it has a dimmer. I have dialed in his basking spot to 75-80F. Also have an Arcadia 6.0 UVB bulb and for my scheff I have a "full-spectrum" little grow light I borrowed from a friend so he stays big and healthy.

Cage1.jpg

This pic shows my feeder cups, opaque Tupperware with a dowel glued into it. Hopefully bugs will crawl up it and get my guys attention.. :) The only thing I would change if I did it again is that I would look for finer mesh. I had originally figured he could better climb the bigger mesh. But im more worried about crickets in my bed haha.

cage2.jpg

Last pic shows the pothos plant stand built into the cage. Got the mister shooting up from the bottom and my therm/hygro meter routed around the plant and beside his basking spot. Lots of sticks, and dowels for him. I put that rope in there too. Its pretty tightly wound, but im still a little worried he will chew it up.. I may take it out.

cage3.jpg

That's it! I think he will be a very comfy guy in there. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Looks awesome! I think your new baby cham will love it. :)

The only thing I can think of suggesting is moving the mist nozzle to the top of the cage. Some chams like to sit under the mister, and this will help ensure that the droplets can sit on top of the leaves so your chameleon can drink from them. It helps rinse poop off - etc.

I think it looks great!
Good work. Lots of vertical climbing branches with a good coverage of foliage. I especially like the plant stand you made. Why did you choose to put the mister spraying upwards?

One reason for bottom mounting the mister was to avoid putting water into the feeder cups. I tested it first and moved it around the cage, it seemed to hit the most foliage from that angle. The mist goes right up to the top and settles down. There is lots of water on the leaves.

But I do agree that a shower like motion of mist would be nice too. I will go buy a second nozzle and splice it in. I just wish they had one that is more directional instead of such a wide spray. The way I have it set up now, almost all of the water gets on the leaves and drips into the bottom plant. But I will look into it. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom