Colors

the colors they develop like reds,yellows is it genetic or just random

chameleon inherit the color based on the combination of the mother and the father genetics.
So, you can "predict" the outcome by looking at the sire (the father and the mother and the mother's father).
Although, not always accurate.

It’s all about Genetics...

when you were born your eyes, hair and skin colour were decide based on the genes you received from your parents... the same is true in chameleons.

I didnt get a chance to see the parents of mine so i guess ill just have to wait and see what happens..but thank you for the answers

I think what he means, atleast what Id like to know, is if veiled colors /patterns are unique to each specimen like fingerprints (genetically inherited) or is there as standard coloration/pattern seen in locality specific animals?

Then ofcourse the issue is confused when you consider which coloration were refering to, e.g. 'calm colors' (standard/age related/sex related), alarm colors, breeding colors etc etc etc

Juvenile males atleast all seem to be a standard limish green with the side markings when calm for example, mine gets all dark spotted like a cheeta when alarmed.

how about adult males (not morphs) when calm? Is this strictly dependant on genes?

Anyone? does anyone have photos of wild male veilds 'calm' at different ages?
does anyone know exactly how broad their range/s are in yemen? are there different localities?

Information on veilds apart from care sheet type junk seems extremely limited.

Back
Top Bottom