Colors

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
Jeb is about 7 almost 8 months now and I thought I would be seeing a bit more Color by now, I know they only show the bright bright Color’s at certain times … but I’m just a bit suprised they haven’t popped out more. Is there a time frame in which this happens or their Color’s develop? He’s beautiful either way and I love him. Just asking what other experiences have been.
09B58C70-1FFE-460E-B0AF-CD97FF2554AB.jpeg

He is such a beautiful boy! Mine has pretty muted colors as well when he is in more of his resting colors. I think they just come in slowly honestly.

Thank you! I kinda figured haha everything is kinda slow at this point 🤭 I did get him to eat a wax worm from my hand today.. he came the closest to me he’s ever come, so that was exciting 🤗

So one thing yall panther owners have to remember just like us Veiled owners. There is a huge difference in fired up colors vs resting. Almost every single pic you see that a breeder will show of the sire are fired up colors. They want you to see the potential. In my experience with veileds at least they don't fire up unless they are extremely pissed or see another chameleon.

Now with Panthers locale is going to make a difference and where you bought it from. If they crossed them they may not show those fire colors. It just really depends on the cross.
Some breeders I have seen them color up at 3-4 months others 8.

Note in your pic you have a zip tie I think holding the wire down. You want to clean cut that zip tie. It does pose a risk with the length and the fact that it is poking up. :)

So one thing yall panther owners have to remember just like us Veiled owners. There is a huge difference in fired up colors vs resting. Almost every single pic you see that a breeder will show of the sire are fired up colors. They want you to see the potential. In my experience with veileds at least they don't fire up unless they are extremely pissed or see another chameleon.

Now with Panthers locale is going to make a difference and where you bought it from. If they crossed them they may not show those fire colors. It just really depends on the cross.
Some breeders I have seen them color up at 3-4 months others 8.

Note in your pic you have a zip tie I think holding the wire down. You want to clean cut that zip tie. It does pose a risk with the length and the fact that it is poking up. :)
I know!! Actually I’m glad I read this right now since he’s in bed and I can probably do that! I’ve been looking at worrying but I didn’t want to upset him. Thank you

I guess in hindsight … lacking any useful information about my chameleon this was a silly thread to post … but I just wanted to talk chameleons with people who like chameleons 😂 haha next time I’ll add some information and see if anyone knows about my specific chameleon or has one

I guess in hindsight … lacking any useful information about my chameleon this was a silly thread to post … but I just wanted to talk chameleons with people who like chameleons 😂 haha next time I’ll add some information and see if anyone knows about my specific chameleon or has one
I feel you. I ALWAYS want to talk chameleons. My poor family is probably so sick of me 🤣

Do you know about the chameleons and coffee live YouTube on Saturdays? That’s been really fun for me to be a part of. You might enjoy it too. It’s hosted by Bill Strand.

Yes! I love Chameleons and coffee! Unfortunately my work schedule has changed and I haven’t made it for a while… probably why I made this post 😉

Thank you guys so much! He really does make my days and it makes me super happy to have a community of people to share him with ❤️

Back
Top Bottom