Colors?

Lexlynn

Established Member
Hey everyone. I’ve had my baby veiled for a week and a day now and I must say it’s been an awesome experience I’m learning more everyday and it’s just great. She’s pretty calm with me she’s bright green when I feed and hold her. Lately I noticed she sits at her highest branch and turns this black spotted color ? Her basking temp is 85 the highest. The weather here’s been very off and on so it depends the day but never higher than 85. But I’ve attached pictures of what she looks like when sitting there it’s really weird. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 5F462B06-5263-4605-816C-C42274E4137A.jpeg
    5F462B06-5263-4605-816C-C42274E4137A.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 88
  • E83598D7-2366-4D09-96D1-53EC83333C4A.jpeg
    E83598D7-2366-4D09-96D1-53EC83333C4A.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 97
Can you take a picture of the entire enclosure? What plants do you have in the cage to offer as hiding places? How high up is the cage sitting?

Can you take a picture of the entire enclosure? What plants do you have in the cage to offer as hiding places? How high up is the cage sitting?
Currently not home and only have pictures of the original cage we did but I changed it completely. Once I get home I’ll send a picture. We have a plastic and silk plants. Ordered 2 pothos to be here Monday so we’re planning on taking those out. The cage is on the floor on a rug but we have this stand on the top kind of (hard to explain) stabilizing it. It’s 46” tall. The top theres little coverage on one branch the one she is on but under that is the silk plants. Could she be stressed maybe at the top with no plants ? I plan on hanging one of the pothos so that’ll definitely help I assume

She is displaying stress colors... If the cage is on the floor you want to get this up on a table. She should be at basking over looking the room and you. It makes them feel safer. Temps for a female are too hot at well you want a max temp of 80 for her. You can lift up the basking fixture or get a lower wattage heat bulb.

Once you get real plants in and fake ones out you can attach the fake ones to the outside on the sides higher up this way she thinks she is still hidden but not able to get to them to eat them.

She is displaying stress colors... If the cage is on the floor you want to get this up on a table. She should be at basking over looking the room and you. It makes them feel safer. Temps for a female are too hot at well you want a max temp of 80 for her. You can lift up the basking fixture or get a lower wattage heat bulb.

Once you get real plants in and fake ones out you can attach the fake ones to the outside on the sides higher up this way she thinks she is still hidden but not able to get to them to eat them.
That’s a great idea with the plants I’ll definitely do that. And as for the table I’ll look around and get something. Luckily i also have lower wattage bulbs so I’ll switch them and lower the temp. Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom