Colors

I'm hoping to see more color in him although I adore him as he is. A friend has a female from the same clutch so her indication of color isn't much to go by although her peachiness is still very pretty!

He's only half way there. My Ambilobe is about 1 1/2 years old and is still popping up with colors in different areas after shedding. I believe they say around 18 months is when they reach their full potential. I'm not familiar with Tamatave panthers though.

That's definitely a male. The hemipenel bulge is pretty visible.

[URL='https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/chamde86.36342/']ChamDE86

I've gone through that with Ambilobes but this is my first Tamatave so still a newbie when it comes to him!
[/URL]

Buy 9 months old he should be close to his adult colours not to say he won't keep getting more colourful but usually at 9 months there showing pretty good try putting him in front of a mirror should fire him up

I tried the mirror thing and all he does is turn around grab my face and try to climb to the top of my head!!!!

Did you buy him from a reputable breeder? Often times chameleons are sold as one specific locale and turn out to be another. If who you got him from did not breed him themselves it is hard to say what you have there! Right now he does not look Tamatave, but as others have said, maybe he is a late bloomer.

True, one time I was suppose to be getting a Ambanja when I got a Nosey Be. Still he was a gorgeous cham. But it goes to show what kind of locale mistakes one can make. I got him from a locale Herp place so didn't get to see parents of the chams or anything like that.

He is the mystery cham! LOL As long as he is healthy and happy that's all that matters! (As he walks over the keyboard then climbs up my arm!)

LOL maybe so...caught him a few times eyeballin' the game!!!

My cat will watch hockey from time to time, and my chameleon will stand at the front of his enclosure and watch if I am watching during the day. I'm not sure who his favorite team is yet.

My cat will watch hockey from time to time, and my chameleon will stand at the front of his enclosure and watch if I am watching during the day. I'm not sure who his favorite team is yet.
Lol, my cham will press himself up against the front of his cage when I start playing guitar. He'll sit like that for hours just staring at it...

That is too funny. I think at first Torch is attracted to the colors and movement, seems like his eyes go straight to tMatt martin when he slams someone against the boards, otherwise he quickly looses interest and wants to go to his room (where his set up is)

Staring at the guitar eh? Wonder what he could possibly be thinking...'how the hell do I play that thing? I have mitten hands!?'
;)

Did you buy him from a reputable breeder? Often times chameleons are sold as one specific locale and turn out to be another. If who you got him from did not breed him themselves it is hard to say what you have there! Right now he does not look Tamatave, but as others have said, maybe he is a late bloomer.
Sorry I'm so late to this thread. I don't think you have a Tamatave, at least not a pure one. Tamatave males have dark bars, at rest their body color is light green and when flared up the body turns Orange the bars remaining dark or dried blood dark red. Gular is almost always white. Your cham has blue bars with whitish gray body. I would guess some kind of locale cross. If he does have some Tamatave in him, they take longer to color up than ambilobes.

Sorry I'm so late to this thread. I don't think you have a Tamatave, at least not a pure one. Tamatave males have dark bars, at rest their body color is light green and when flared up the body turns Orange the bars remaining dark or dried blood dark red. Gular is almost always white. Your cham has blue bars with whitish gray body. I would guess some kind of locale cross. If he does have some Tamatave in him, they take longer to color up than ambilobes.

Better late than never! :) He could be a cross, but the colors you indicate Tamatave's have in regards to light green bodies and dark bars are visible sometimes when he is roaming about. As far as the oranges, yellows, red and such I believe he is to young to show them colors yet, or just wants to watch me suffer in wait! LOL

That is too funny. I think at first Torch is attracted to the colors and movement, seems like his eyes go straight to tMatt martin when he slams someone against the boards, otherwise he quickly looses interest and wants to go to his room (where his set up is)

Staring at the guitar eh? Wonder what he could possibly be thinking...'how the hell do I play that thing? I have mitten hands!?'
;)
Caught mine jamming out one day to Mumford & Sons.…
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom