Colorless Panther?

IntriguedByChams

Hello! I'm fairly new to the boards. I currently own a juvenile veiled. Anyway...is it possible for an Ambilobe Panther to not really color up, just stay green? I recently saw a pic of a 10 month old male (all other male sibling colored up to be red-barred) but this guy is green and only just now starting to show flecks of red. The owner says so far he's never fired up bright colors. is it possible for him to just stay green? Or is it likely that he'll start to change over the comming months? I know it can take up to like 18mos or so for true coloration.

I have never seen nor read such thing happen. I don't say that it's impossible, but if i had a penny or two to bet, i would choose the option of a late bloomer.

A good trick to test out some male's color is to show him a female! This should do the trick! :p

thanks that's what I thought, but wanted reasurace lol. how do I post a pic? you can see hints of red, blue, and yellow...but no WOW atm. but I think he's handsom reguardless and I'm told easy to handle which to me is most important over color.

The only truely "colorless" panters I know of are the Nosy Boraha. Just give your boy some time, he should color up in time.

Ive never seen an ugly chameleon, but I have seen some that are a bit dull compared to others. I would not be suprised to find one chameleon now and they in a clutch that isnt as spectacularily coloured as others. Likely he will eventually have plenty of colour, but he may not ever be the super WOW chameleon. Im sure he will still look great.

The mirror and female sighting suggestions are worth trying.

Okay guys...Thanks for all the replies and pretty much validating my susspisions of a late bloomer. I am CERTAIN that this guy will be a VERY handsom guy like his father. 1st pic is of the Cham in question..2nd pic is of his Sire

Attachments

• MaleCham03.26.10.jpg
    MaleCham03.26.10.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 151
  • P1110198.JPG
    P1110198.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 126
Here is my Sambava, at 12 months. I have only seen a little red under her chin and her spikes get orange. I also tried all the flaming up techniques. A late bloomer? I hope so, but still think he is awesome.:rolleyes:

I think both the OPs cham and the sambava are nice just how they are. And as they age they will likely be even better.
FYI Sambava are notoriously slow to colour up.

Back
Top Bottom