Color of Reptaid Immune Support?

Hello,

I’m wondering what the color of Reptaid by Amber NaturalZ is supposed to be and if my bottle is likely still okay to use. Also what is in the 1oz larger container (which is a clear liquid) vs in the smaller vial?

So I got my bottle April 1 of last year. I overlooked that there was a small vial that I was supposed to put in the larger 1 oz bottle. I only used it a handful of times on my chams feeders and would feed him them. First question, what is in the larger 1 oz bottle? Was it just water?

When I looked in the original box, I seen the unopened small vial and realized that I’m bad at following directions which said to dump the contents of the vial into the larger bottle… So anyways, I opened the vial and it smelt very strong, also was a brown color with some dark brown specks left on the cap of the small vial. I’m wondering if this is normal. Once I mixed the vials contents in the larger bottle, the color of the mixture is a lighter color with some very fine particles in the liquid. Does this sound normal?

Since I just mixed it, will it be good for 6 months from now?

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help!

Attachments

• C372B02B-31C8-4106-A154-8B819D1C06F8.jpeg
    C372B02B-31C8-4106-A154-8B819D1C06F8.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 41
  • B160D006-3E16-4A70-B9FE-D8A43F535442.jpeg
    B160D006-3E16-4A70-B9FE-D8A43F535442.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 42
That color looks normal. I use reptaid myself. I believe what’s in the smaller vial is the alcohol suspension liquid… Or maybe that’s vice versa. I believe that they separate the ingredients because once you mix them the shelf life is not as long. That is my guess.

Sometimes I see a little bit of debris within there as well, but I believe that is just remnants from the extraction process. Once the bottles been mixed and open I wouldn’t keep it for more than a month or so.

I don’t have the answer to your question but do you have a sick Cham you’re trying to help?
Last Sunday, my chameleon started showing signs of a respiratory infection and I got Baytril from the vet. He’s responded really well to the Baytril and since he was only sick for one day (at least visibly) I’m hoping that he will recover fine. He has 3 days left of his 10 day course of Baytril. I know that I can’t use the Reptaid and Baytril at the same time so I won’t start using it till after the Baytril leaves his system. I’m planning on giving him Reptaid a few days at the beginning of every month from now on to hopefully strengthen his immune system. Any advice/concerns with this? Thanks!

That color looks normal. I use reptaid myself. I believe what’s in the smaller vial is the alcohol suspension liquid… Or maybe that’s vice versa. I believe that they separate the ingredients because once you mix them the shelf life is not as long. That is my guess.

Sometimes I see a little bit of debris within there as well, but I believe that is just remnants from the extraction process. Once the bottles been mixed and open I wouldn’t keep it for more than a month or so.
I appreciate the reply! So do you think that it should be okay since I just opened the one bottle and didn’t mix them?

I wouldnt use the reptaid after antibiotics. Just over medicating and risking stress on the kidneys.

I do keep it on hand for emergencies, but always hydrate With the longest mist session possible. My vet cautions that it can cause alcohol toxicity if used incorrectly or for more than a few days.

I wouldnt use the reptaid after antibiotics. Just over medicating and risking stress on the kidneys.

I do keep it on hand for emergencies, but always hydrate With the longest mist session possible. My vet cautions that it can cause alcohol toxicity if used incorrectly or for more than a few days.
Oh okay! Yeah I did read that it has alcohol in it to help deliver the medicine in it and was wondering if the alcohol can be harmful for a chameleon. Thanks for the word of caution!

In case this will be helpful for anyone in the future, Amber NaturalZ customer service was very helpful and said that the 1oz bottle is just water and because I didn’t mix the small vial into the water, it’s still good to use :)

Back
Top Bottom